Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

6000 Mile Classic Insurance for £149.00

john889guns

Trainee
Has anybody insured there classic 911 with Perfornance Diret just been quoted £149.79 for the year fully comp for 6000 miles does this seems a bit cheep :dont know: or :)

john

Attachments

• porschepercent20911percent2082_393.jpg
    porschepercent20911percent2082_393.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 7,874
:eek: That is a bargain. where do you live Isle of Skye :dont know: Tried several best I could get was £400 despite living in an area with the lowest crime rate in the NW insurers still load by postcode :pc:

Zingari said:
:eek: That is a bargain. where do you live Isle of Skye :dont know: Tried several best I could get was £400 despite living in an area with the lowest crime rate in the NW insurers still load by postcode :pc:

live in Barnsley did you try proformance direct for a quote fortman james want £389,00 seems a bid differance !!!!

Nope but I will give them a call tomorrow just for a comparison. I paid more than my lowest quote to get track day cover as I need it for Spa and Henderson Taylor did me a very good deal though Aviva.

Yes, last year for 993 and year before for F355

But my 993 was twice as much (and getting on for three times for this year's renewal, hence now Manning UK) :eek:

Insurance

Zingari said:
Nope but I will give them a call tomorrow just for a comparison. I paid more than my lowest quote to get track day cover as I need it for Spa and Henderson Taylor did me a very good deal though Aviva.

hi did you manage to get a quote from performance direct and was it any good ??????

Didn't get cahnce today will try tomorrow just for interest as I am now with Hebderson Taylor :thumb:

Insurance

Zingari said:
Didn't get cahnce today will try tomorrow just for interest as I am now with Hebderson Taylor :thumb:

I just did it on line took 5 mins and i was amazed

john

Attachments

• porschepercent20911percent2082_434.jpg
    porschepercent20911percent2082_434.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 7,735
Check the clauses, overnight arrangements, postcodes where Insurance does not apply or has a high excess, glass, windscreen etc....

My Footman James fully comp classic policy would not cover my car overnight outside my brothers house in Manchester, my classicline policy does.

If it's home in your garage every night and nothing non accident ever breaks then cool, but if not there will be risk based limits based on the cheapness, that's what I have found anyhow.
:)

clarkycat said:
Check the clauses, overnight arrangements, postcodes where Insurance does not apply or has a high excess, glass, windscreen etc....

My Footman James fully comp classic policy would not cover my car overnight outside my brothers house in Manchester, my classicline policy does.

If it's home in your garage every night and nothing non accident ever breaks then cool, but if not there will be risk based limits based on the cheapness, that's what I have found anyhow.

thanks for that i will check!!! had it insured with fortman james last year so looked around this year and i will phone them and check re overnight stop overs away from home garage
thanks agian as if they can get away with it they will

john

Insurance

john889guns said:
clarkycat said:

thanks for that i will check!!! had it insured with fortman james last year so looked around this year and i will phone them and check re overnight stop overs away from home garage
thanks agian as if they can get away with it they will

john

just been on with proformance direct to check on things with over
night cover away from home 5000 miles glass cover and £250 exsess with widebody modifercation disclosed ended up at £195 with me and named driver :thumbs:

Tried it via their web page that links you to gocompare. Quote came out at just over half I've recently paid but it looks like it assumes you have built up your NCB on this car when actually its on my main one. I need to give them a ring to check. They may 'mirrir' NCB but it is never as cheap.

Current policy will grant me 5yrs NCB on this (second) car at the end of 12 months

I don't get it. I went to Performance Direct, and put all in my info to get a quote for a 964 I'm going to see tomorrow.

I got a similar price to Tescos, over £3.5K. :eek: I'm 57 FFS, not 17! Not the best postcode (Stalybridge, Cheshire), but its hardly Dodge City. No claims, no points. Unlike when I was 17 :wink:

As I have many years NCB on my main car, I havent put it for this (yet - I will have to switch it at this rate), as I'm aware I cant use it twice. My C320Cdi Merc is around class 20, but costs around £600 to insure, LV, via the meercats.

How do I get a £149 quote or any cheap classic Insurance? I can afford a Prsche but then the cupboard is bare to insure it. This could be a gamechanger.
I'm off to see what the meercats have to say, and do some forum research. If anyone can enlighten me, please do before I go and make an offer (or not) on a 911.

Update - the meercats found me fully comp with Performance Direct for £275!! That was with the NCD from my Merc, though.

I guess Tesco just dont want to insure 911's.

Unfortunately the seller rang to say that the car just went. :x I've been snowed in all day.
Back to the drawing board, but at least I know I can insure it.

I'd be very wary of taking your Stuttgart mare anywhere near Tesco.

Next time you see it, it might be sliced and diced in the freezer section :eek:

photo.JPG

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back