Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine decarboniser 'Terraclean', has anyone done it??

moss

Anyone tryed Engine Decarbonisation ?

After watching wheeler dealers for the umpteenth time on Dave, i decided to have a look about for the Engine Decarbonisation system :thumbs: found a company called performancetuninguk whom offer it, sounds all very good, preventative maintenance and all that.. just waned to know if anyones tryed it or has any views on it ? ive emailed for a price... they are based at Performance Tuning UK,Snitterfield Farm,Gray's Park Road,Stoke Poges,Buckinghamshire,SL2 4HX..... or is it a load a hype and a waste of money :dont know:

This would only really be beneficial to high milage cars, or cara that have never seen the red line and good fuel in there life??

The product 10K Boost seems to do a similar job

Hi

I would run a can of BG44K through the fuel system. Look the stuff up, its quite interesting. I ran it through my 185k mile 993 and then stripped the engine (broken piston ring but thought I may have had carbon on a valve seat). You could see the aluminium on some of the pistons, so I am pretty sure the stuff works as advertised. I also had no problems with any of my injectors (sat for a year) and now its all back together it idles as sweet as a nut. So far anyways.

All the best

Berni

It's just a different variant of snake oil to Sea Foam isn't it?

The internals of my 85K mile GT3 at stripdown looked like it had done 1,000 miles - let that be your guide :)

thanks, im going to purchase a can of BG44K and see how it feels :)

was quoted 95+ vat plus call out charge for de carbon'ing..

Thinking about engine decarboniser :?: wanted to get some info about it. I saw it on "wheeler dealers". I've got a 993 c2s and wanted to know the pros n cons and isit worth doing??

Has anyone had it done?????

Does anyone know anybody who does it for Porsches, if so could you kindly leave a number and address for the place. :D

This is a really old product from the 70s, It doesnt work.
Carbon attaches itself so well that to remove it you need a dekoke brush in an air drill or electric drill, and even then you have to apply a lot of pressure.
The idea that you can pour a fluid in and this will decarbonise is a complete myth, dont waste your money.

It can be helpfull to free up a sticking valve and/or improve valve seating.
Can also break up carbon deposits around the piston crowns resulting in reduced compression/ increased oil usage/ reduced power.

Hi

I have done this on my 185k mile engine. I used a can of BG44K in the fuel as directed, and did some fast long runs in the car. I then rebuilt the top end of the engine. My hope was that the BG44K would dislodge any valve carbon that might have been causing the low compression that I had on one bore. However the cause was a broken piston ring so no help there.

What I can tell you is that on disassembly there was not much carbon in the combustion chambers and you could see some clean aluminium on the piston crowns. I had previously looked down the bores through the spark plug hole and that was certainly not the case before.

I think the stuff is amazing. I could not believe it and also now things are back together the engine is running like a dream so it must have done some good for the injectors also.

Berni

Re: Engine decarboniser, has anyone done it??

b5coy said:
Thinking about engine decarboniser :?: wanted to get some info about it. I saw it on "wheeler dealers". I've got a 993 c2s and wanted to know the pros n cons and isit worth doing??

Has anyone had it done?????

Does anyone know anybody who does it for Porsches, if so could you kindly leave a number and address for the place. :D

Dont think its so much about is it's worth it, more a case of
what issues are you experiencing on your 2s to make you think it needs a de coke?

To remove carbon, you need to crack the formula, and best is water mist.
I did it on mine with distilled water, but killed the cat

Hi

It is not just about carbon removal, but also giving the injectors and fuel system a clean. Here is a pic of a piston before rebuild. I was impressed, but maybe i'm easily pleased.

piston3.jpg

Berni

Terra clean 993

I watched Ed do this to an Xk8 on everyone's favourite car fiction, Wheeler Dealers. Anyone considered getting a 993 done? our cars are all getting on and i wonder if this 'revolutionary' system really does what it claims to-cleaning the engine from the inside.

' I understand Ed is a massive air cooled fan slim sure a group buy would be in the offing if it was considered worthwhile. It's mentioned on PH at the moment but I'd be interested if anyone here has become an early adopter and can relate real world experience...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back