Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Over £900 for GT3 insurance, is this too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallyeman

Magny-Cours
My whole family have been with Bridle for years, spoke to them today, and because of the high value of a GT3 ( which I didn't think it was high valued ) they had to ring around. Their usual insurer Market Study, have had too many loses on Porsches recently and didn't want to touch it. Best they could do was £900, with no allowance for TD, and £500 excess. Parked on my drive.
Maybe because I've come from £350 with TD cover for the 993, I thought it was a lot. :?: I was hoping for the £600 mark, maybe I'm out of touch :?:

That's a decent price - if your under 40 .

You don't mention your age ?

I'm 42 , full ncb and pay £999 fully comp

Try Manning Uk

I pay less than that on my 997 GT3 with unlimited track day cover and 7000 miles.

Jon

Im with admiral Full NCB 47 years old £473.00 F/comp Which is not to bad as my Mitsubisgi Evo 8 was around £550.00

I pay about £650 on mine, limited mileage (5k) declared mods to approx 560hp, track day cover, kept in a garage. I'm 39. Mine is with Bridle. I'd be suprised if the GT3 was a much higher risk, but you never know.

MC

I have just left Bridle and going with A-plan as they beat Bridle by £130 and also A-plan will use an OPC for any accident repair damage.

Sustanon400 said:

I wish I was under 40. Just turned 46 :sad:

I use a plan with all my cars they also transfer me to there other dept for my jet ski and boat.
They are mint to deal with

you lot are all spoilt rotten, im paying near on a 1000-00 for a basic 996 C2and thats with multicar discount and full ncb and im 50!

thats the price of living in London village!

Cunno said:
Try Manning Uk

I pay less than that on my 997 GT3 with unlimited track day cover and 7000 miles.

Jon

This :thumb:

Rallyeman said:
Sustanon400 said:

I wish I was under 40. Just turned 46 :sad:

What are you talking about you doughnut...you're still young !! ...lol, no
actually 46 is knocking on a bit...so, yup, guess you are a bit of an old
fart !. Your quote does seem a bit OTT...Mannings !!!! :grin:

46? Look on the bright side when you're 50 you can get a quote from Saga :thumb:

(BTW I'm not there yet and will be doing the ring-around for Insurance in the next week)

Just renewed with Competition Car Insurance, 996Rs, garaged, tracker, full ncb, ensured on the 30yr old wifes name, 5xtrack days, euro cover, agreed valu, £500 excess, paid just under£490.

Another nod for Mannings, £720 for unlimited track days, 5k a year mileage, but the car is on laid up cover from November until today :D

Just got back in from my first drive of the year, lovin it :thumbs:

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back