Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I, shouldn't I? It's so tempting.

Tinker

This is for sale at an indy I trust. What do you think?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C356047

Porsche 911 Sports Turbo For Sale (1987)

3343550.jpg

3343552.jpg

http://www.gcrcentral.co.uk/cars-for-sale.html

The history would put me off re the conversion and dry storage can do more harm than good.
It does look lovely and is of course a great model particularly at that price point. If it is anything like my friends just make sure you have a good slush fund as he has replaced a large number of parts/restoration required to keep it in top condition.
Ashley

Never bought a car from GCR so dont know how the experience is, however, used them once to service my old Boxster S about 5 years ago - maybe just a tad longer and was very dissapointed with them.
Long story short, minor service 3 days before MOT was due, GCR did the service, took car for MOT for it to fail on rear brake pads - almost down to metal plate - rear disks inner edge delaminated too, bulb in number plate blown.

Took car home, did the work and had a look about whilst doing it, filter looked like it had never been off so i went back to GCR - they confirmed all they do for a minor service is change the oil, so, £100 for the oil and £110 to undo and do up the drain plug and pour in the oil, They hadnt changed filter, no inspection of anything else and stood their ground that is all the service shedule indicates, when asked about checking for fault codes they said they didnt have a piwis or anything else - so that wasnt done either.
Never used them again and they are on my doorstep as i live in Wigston.

Things obviously move on and they may not be the same - but for me, wouldnt use them to lubricate a bike chain

glyn said:
...they confirmed all they do for a minor service is change the oil, so, £100 for the oil and £110 to undo and do up the drain plug and pour in the oil, They hadnt changed filter, no inspection of anything else and stood their ground that is all the service shedule indicates, when asked about checking for fault codes they said they didnt have a piwis or anything else - so that wasnt done either.

Sounds like they were taking the piwis... :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back