Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my porsche in much need of help and guidance

bradley911

hi guys i got my first porsche today its a 911 targa with the 3.3 turbo engine at some point it has had the body converted to look like a turbo, now heres the problem
the engine was on fire at some point no biggy :wink:
i know im a long way off but i believe it has great potential and need help car has been stood since 2000 no number plate on, i need to apply for the paper work (log book) but all i got is the short vin number starting 911, i know it was assigned a private plate prior to 2000 4140WZ can anyone help on how i can get more info?
cheers brad

bradley911 said:
hi guys i got my first porsche today its a 911 targa with the 3.3 turbo engine at some point it has had the body converted to look like a turbo, now heres the problem
the engine was on fire at some point no biggy :wink:
i know im a long way off but i believe it has great potential and need help car has been stood since 2000 no number plate on, i need to apply for the paper work (log book) but all i got is the short vin number starting 911, i know it was assigned a private plate prior to 2000 4140WZ can anyone help on how i can get more info?
cheers brad

The car is obviously on the DVLA's records (see below), so the first course of action should probably be to contact the DVLA to ask about the procedure.

Attachments

• 4140wz_146.png
    4140wz_146.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 11,980
ye this is an old registration believed to be taken off the vehicle, iv spoken with the dvla and now know its a v62 i need, but thanks for the reply mate
cheers brad

If you run that plate through hpi or experian you will get the full chassis number I would expect.

thanks for the replies iv just posted off to dvla, so waiting now could take up to 8 weeks, i can only get the short chassy number and porsches records on there new computers only go back to 81 i believe?, so i have a short chassis number and anyone thats looked into there chassis number will know it now works with 17 digits one of them just being a filler :dont know: good stuff haha
yet again thank you for the replies

The trade can hpi the chassis number and it will return the current number plate assigned to the chassis, I have experience of this and the DVLA are unlikely to release the information to you (they never have to me).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back