Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T - Shantybeater's progress thread

shantybeater

Hockenheim
Just got back from picking up the new wheels :)

850A8D8D-70D6-4DD1-892F-C0E4E0F7F16D-1954-0000016467536616.jpg

CE6C0FEC-19B3-44E6-B412-85B043D40F00-1954-0000016470AB7A1F.jpg

Over the moon and so impressed with the drive. Specs are:

- 52k on the clock
- X50 pack
- Full Porsche Service history

The previous owner has covered the front bumper/bonnet/wings in clear paint protector and appears as OCD as myself, looking forward to giving her a good 10+ hour clean! :) (quite normal for me!)

Re: Just picked up my first Porsche

shantybeater said:
looking forward to giving her a good 10+ hour clean! :) (quite normal for me!)

:D A car is never your own until you have had chance to bond, that my friend is in a 10 hour clean :D . Normally for me that's when i start to find over spray and inherent paranoia sets in :mrgreen: .

Nice :congrats: :welcome:

Congratulations.

The car looks good, I hope it is.

Tell us more. Obviously not them one you were first after.

What part of the world are you?

( obviously not Birmingham!)

Will you go down the same route as with the Z3M, or will this remain standard looking?

Thanks for all the comments :)

mak said:
shantybeater said:
looking forward to giving her a good 10+ hour clean! :) (quite normal for me!)

:D A car is never your own until you have had chance to bond, that my friend is in a 10 hour clean :D . Normally for me that's when i start to find over spray and inherent paranoia sets in :mrgreen: .
So true! just gave her a quick clean for now and tucked her away, no nasty suprises yet

PeterS said:
Congratulations.

The car looks good, I hope it is.

Tell us more. Obviously not them one you were first after.

What part of the world are you?

( obviously not Birmingham!)

Thanks Peter, what else do you want to know?

I'm down south in Bournemouth

alpinaman said:
Lovely that Shanty.....

Has the Z3M gone or you keeping it ?

Thanks :) the z3m will be up for sale shortly, a few more bits need to be turned back to OEM first

ALM73 said:
Will you go down the same route as with the Z3M, or will this remain standard looking?

There are no immediate plans but already i've got my eye on a few subtle touches , it would also look quite on some custom BBS LM's? :lol:...we'll see!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back