Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

10 yr old Porsche 911 v 13 yr old Nissan Primera

T8

Super Moderator
Just got my 3 car multicar renewal quote from Admiral and overall I'm well pleased but analysing the detail made me confused.

£272.53 for a 10 year old 996 with 3000 miles limit = :thumb:

£224.30 for a 13 year old Nissan Primera with 9000 miles limit = :?

OK, the Porsche is garaged and the Nissan is on the drive but even so ... :?:

The 13 year old nissan is worth about as much as the Insurance right?

My guess is more of them get written off than 911's?
:dont know:

clarkycat said:

I hope not. It's just (today) cost me £520 to get it through its MOT.

I can't grumble though. That £520 and the £180 service done at the same time + 2 tyres bought last winter is all it's cost me in 2 years.

T8996C4 said:
I can't grumble though.

Have you ever read your posts!!!

:floor:

(I'd better stick a smiley on here, so you know I'm just teasing!)

:)

PeterS said:
T8996C4 said:
I can't grumble though.

Have you ever read your posts!!!

:floor:

OI !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

iirc I've only ever grumbled about Porsche parts prices, fragile engines and ridiculous IMS issues and lycra clad morons on pushbikes and people speeding in built up areas and motorbikes doing silly speeds past my house and white van men on their phones and people texting whilst driving and gypsies jumping queues and people that don't know their Boxsters from their 911 cabs and maybe a few dozen other things.

And ............... the fact that Ray Clemence was far better keper than that other bloke but didn't get as many England caps. :wink:

T8996C4 said:
Just got my 3 car multicar renewal quote from Admiral and overall I'm well pleased but analysing the detail made me confused.

£272.53 for a 10 year old 996 with 3000 miles limit = :thumb:

£224.30 for a 13 year old Nissan Primera with 9000 miles limit = :?

OK, the Porsche is garaged and the Nissan is on the drive but even so ... :?:

But that's only TWO cars on a 3 car policy :)

Mm what's the other car? Admiral told me they would not include my 911, so I could not take out a multi car policy???

webbo said:
Mm what's the other car? Admiral told me they would not include my 911, so I could not take out a multi car policy???

The third car on the policy is a 57 plate Lexus IS250 SE-L + 9000 mile limit = £325.19

All 3 individual quotes are very competitive. Sticking with Admiral is the best total I could get for all three.

clarkycat said:
T8996C4 said:
clarkycat said:

I hope not.

Oh go on then, you are twisting my arm here, £250 if you leave the CD player in.

CD player :floor: :floor:

It's got a radio cassette player and that hasn't worked for over 3 years.

Everywhere I've tried for a quote on the Nissan comes back at £220+. It probably is something to do with the likelyhood of any significant damage to it meaning it would be written off but with only 37k miles on it and it being a rare Auto Estate I'd expect £750+.

T8996C4 said:
clarkycat said:
Oh go on then, you are twisting my arm here, £250 if you leave the CD player in.

CD player :floor: :floor:

It's got a radio cassette player and that hasn't worked for over 3 years.

Right, you are busting mt balls here...

Does the radio bit of it work? If so I'll give you £225 if you tax it for a year?
:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back