Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bad idea?

veearrsix

Hi all,

I've started to look to replace my 335i with a 996, and the model I really want is a mk2 gt3...

However, there are 2 reasons that stop me from going for this model. Firstly I can't afford one! Secondly I've got a 4 year old nipper and need rear seats.

My thought is to get hold of a c2 or c4 narrow body and create a look alike.

Now I have followed BMW forums for quite some time and the idea of making any 3 series coupe into an M3 look alike causes most BMW enthusiasts to burst a vein!

Am I likely to face an onslaught of abuse from purists if/when I ask for help on the Porsche forums?

My other option is to go for a 996 C4S and leave it well alone.

Cheers

Vee

Some comfort Spec 996 GT3s have the rear seats in. Ask your local dealer for details as they may be able to retro-fit. 996 C4S is a nice but very diffferent alternative.

You can also get a C2 or C4 with the aero-kit which is pretty much the 996 GT3.1 bodykit added on. There should be plenty of examples for sale on Pistonheads. It's not a bad idea at all because the kit was sold as an option from the factory.

Happy hunting.

~ Maxie :thumb:

I had a 996.1 c2 nb which was converted to look like a 997 gt3, and was (IMO) a stunning looking car, it's fair to say this car was frowned upon by the purists, but I liked it, and as I have said in the past if we were all the same it would be a very boring world to live in. I sold the car last week for north of 18k which blows the "it'll devalue the car" argument into a cocked hat, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who may well disagree that you shouldn't change what Porsche have spent many millions on r&d producing but I would buy what suits you, not what the greatest consensus of opinion is.

It's your car, it's your cash, pimp it to within an inch of its life if that's what floats your boat.

Of course you'll get some earache from the [mostly 993] purist's but you'll also get heaps of help and advice from the same guys!

Go for it. Life's too short to conform.

As they say in New Zealand - "if you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!" :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back