Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Only track day cover

marcass

Silverstone
Hi.
I have a policy with Admiral who do not cover track days, and want to get cover for a trip to Cadwell Park.

I wish i had now taken cover with an underwriter that includes track days as standard but cant change that now!

Can anyone suggest some Insurance companies that would cover me for one day please?

Can you also indicate the approx cost (so i know I'm not being ripped off)

thanks

Had a few quotes with the cheapest being £272. I thought this was quite expensive, can anyone comment on that?

Do people generally insure a value that is less than the value of the car?

thanks

To insure for one off track days is, as you are finding out, expensive.Typically there will also be something like of 10% of the value of your car as an excess.
It doesn't help you much now but come renewal time by far the best, and cheapest, way to insure for track days is to find an insurer that will include a number of track days per year built into the policy.
I found this out earlier in the year when planning for Castle Coombe.
The price quoted for one off track day cover far exceed the cost of the track day.

seems to depend on your car, I was told circa £90 per day, but when i mentioned the actaul car it went up to over £300

Yeah, this is what I am finding out. Seems to be expensive compared to other prices due to the value of the car.
As I am a novice on track, i think i will just have to swallow the price for now, but when my annual Insurance needs renewing i think i will switch underwriter to one that includes track day cover.....

thanks

i'd ask about cancelling your existing policy

might be cheaper to swallow it and start again if your doing a couple of trackdays this year

If you have got full no claims and no horrendous history just cancel your existing policy for a pro rata refund minus an admin fee of about £20.

Then start again with one of the inclusives. Much cheaper way of doing it. Stand alone trackday cover is stupidly expensive and usually comes with a very high XS if you do bend it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back