Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My bypass op

Roro

Sebring
My GT3's that is!

Dropped the car off at Hayward & Scott for them to fabricate a centre muffler bypass pipe. If it works out they'll start producing and selling them.

Hopefully collecting the car up in a few days time... Can't wait!

I've been without the car for 6 hours now and I feel like I'm missing a limb. (Is this normal or am I just super-weird?!)

:thumbs:

Roro said:
My GT3's that is!

Dropped the car off at Hayward & Scott for them to fabricate a centre muffler bypass pipe. If it works out they'll start producing and selling them.
Hopefully collecting the car up in a few days time... Can't wait!

I've been without the car for 6 hours now and I feel like I'm missing a limb. (Is this normal or am I just super-weird?!)

:thumbs:

All the best! Hope the bypass works..the Surgeon seems to have a good name though :lol:

Ha ha! Cheers. Yes, I'm hoping it'll sound good, never managed to hear a GT3 with a bypass other than on YouTube so hopefully I won't be massively disappointed. If worse comes to worse can always return to OEM 8)

Nice one, look forward to the results.

I hear you, I'm guessing it's not just me that gets nervous leaving the car AND the keys in someone else's possession?

Can't wait to hear it after.... When's the big unveiling????? Fingers crossed, hope it sounds the mutts nuts! :thumb:

Does the .1 already have an exhaust valve which is switchable in the cabin.

Btw Roro, I love your sig pic. Any more pics of the beast?

JD27 said:
I hear you, I'm guessing it's not just me that gets nervous leaving the car AND the keys in someone else's possession?

Can't wait to hear it after.... When's the big unveiling????? Fingers crossed, hope it sounds the mutts nuts! :thumb:

I'm still trying not to think about leaving the keys with someone else, hopefully it won't have too many extra miles on it when I collect :?:

Big unveiling .. take your pick: 8)

Sunday August 12 - CAT training at Millbrook (still some places left I think in case anyone else is thinking about attending)

Sunday August 26 - PCGB BBQ for GT3 & 964 RS owners (anyone else going?)

Sat & Sun Sept 8/9 - Maxie's cannonball run to South Wales

:thumb:

The GT3 bypass valves run off the Sport mode button (and are a performance mod too, redirecting exhaust gas and remapping fuel)

The sport button works differently on the GT3, it is the only model as standard to physically modify components (all other Sport implementions are software only or where fitted, simply switch on independent and optional equipment as a "one shot" short-cut setting - eg PSE, PASM, PDK - if fitted) and it is the only NA to get an actual performance boost.

The Sport button bypasses two of the GT3's three silencers reducing back pressure.

Also effectively giving the GT3 a "PSE".

Simultaneously, the fuel map is modified slightly, increasing the torque in the engine's mid range by 14 lb ft and tweaking the throttle response/sensitivity/linearity.

bryce said:
Does the .1 already have an exhaust valve which is switchable in the cabin.

Btw Roro, I love your sig pic. Any more pics of the beast?

More pics here - http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=73767

:thumb:

7.1 does have the switchable exhaust on the Sport button but I unplugged it to get more noise constantly. Side effect though is a boom in the cabin around 2.3k revs (which I'm actually used to now and it didn't bother me!) but I just wanted more noise hence the bypass :grin:

Slight weight saving is a nice additional side effect of the bypass too (I think about 10kg)

Other problem with using the Sport button to open up more exhaust noise is that it does this at the expense of easing off the TC - not so good if you want noise and it happens to be raining. :?: :grin:

ETA - and also what GT4 says up there ^

Edited to add some detail to the YouTube vid.

Thanks lads. 10kg in the muffler? Crickey.

Any idea on cost yet?

Yes I think the centre muffler is 10kg or thereabouts. No word on costs yet, my car just went in and they haven't started the work yet. Will update when I know more.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back