Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car went in for a couple of updates today

Tony 991S

Imola
Had a motorway drive to the dealer
001-1.jpg

Pic of the PDCC

007-1.jpg

006.jpg

Underside I've not seen before

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

Hi Tony, getting some respite from those animals on Pistonheads eh? Mine's in today and it's having a new pipe fitted to the aircon, a fail safe upgrade and the sealant, couldn't tell me why though so would be interested to know what the reason the sealant work is.

blue62 said:
Hi Tony, getting some respite from those animals on Pistonheads eh? Mine's in today and it's having a new pipe fitted to the aircon, a fail safe upgrade and the sealant, couldn't tell me why though so would be interested to know what the reason the sealant work is.

Yes it's tough isn't it :boxer: picking on a poor helpless pensioner

I was told odd cars had water ingress into the boot because the bottom edge wasn't always sealed properly, so they have decided to re-do them via upgrade (recall)

Regards

blue62 said:
Mine's in today and it's having a new pipe fitted to the aircon,

Doh, got a letter from Mr Porsche yesterday and I need the new pipe as well, so, back again!!!!

chimp911 said:
What about slippers? :grin:

Sorry, you need the 993 forum.

MC

Tony, do you have any idea what the start/stop update affected on yours?

Mine will stop the engine on start/stop automatically when the engine is absolutely stone cold, which doesn't seem right to me, but they say there are no recalls for my car?

911BlackEd said:

Mine will stop the engine on start/stop automatically when the engine is absolutely stone cold, which doesn't seem right to me, but they say there are no recalls for my car?

Stop-start only used to activate after engine was warm (6 ish miles), after update car now stops after half a mile max.

Fantastic car's aren't they :thumb: I've only just run mine in after 6 month's of ownership :oops:

Tony 991S said:
911BlackEd said:

Stop-start only used to activate after engine was warm (6 ish miles), after update car now stops after half a mile max.

Fantastic car's aren't they :thumb: I've only just run mine in after 6 month's of ownership :oops:

Thanks Tony, just didn't seem right that as most wear happens when an engine is cold that it would allow this. But as long as it's the same as yours I am happy :thumbs:

Yes, love the car, have done over 7k now, a few squeeks appearing from between the dash and the A-Pillar, but nothing major. Think you need to make less use of that Fiesta and get the garage queen out :D

New porsche

:bandit: :bandit: hi Tony 911S , that original picture looks stunning , have you any more . Cuba :bandit:

Re: New porsche

cubasteve said:
:bandit: :bandit: hi Tony 911S , that original picture looks stunning , have you any more . Cuba :bandit:

020.jpg

I have more but for some reason my Photobucket get's an error message halfway through a download!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back