Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked her up on Monday......(now with PICTURES !!)

AH9999

Having owned over the last few years numerous 997.1's and 997.2's of various different flavours ranging from C2S to C4S to Targa to Coupe and Convertible, I was looking forward to picking up my new 991 CS2 Coupe (PDK) albeit a little apprehensive.......IMO the 997.2 C2S (PDK or Manual) is a very very tough act to follow.

300 miles in and I'm extremelly pleased :)

Quick summary:

- Despite various reports, I'm very happy with the steering - not quite as 'pure' as the 997 but still a delight
- Wow does the sports exhaust sound good - a MUST for anyone's specification even if it means selling a kidney :)
- Such a polished car inside, fit and finish is excellent with technology now way up to date (nice little features, try changing the dash illumination, parking sensors auto turning on when they detect you're getting close to something, etc, etc)
- I have never driven anything where 400HP feels so 'controlled' - this chassis can take a LOT more than this, bodes well for future versions
- Still a Jekyll and Hyde car......even better GT capabilities without sacrificing A road capabilities
- Spooky quiet inside I can even hear the Sport Chrono clock tick, I thought it was a rattle/vibration until I realised what it was :)
- Fuel economy easily hitting 30mpg (UK) and I'm certainly enjoying her

Negatives, not many but to be balanced......

- I've had stop/start on other cars in the past but it just doesn't seem to 'fit' the 991......it's implementation is no better/worse than any other manufacturer, it just doesn't quite work for me (good job there's an off switch)
- Not really a negative, just takes a little getting used to - the auto coasting capability is very clever (especially on a motorway) just a liitle spooky at first.......
- DAB option !?!? I've mentioned this before and finally discovered you can get DAB on the new 991, you just have to specify the TV option !?!? ...... we all know it took Porsche FOREVER to deliver Bluetooth not to mention flappy paddles WITH multi-function capabilities (COME ON PORSCHE) so I won't hold my breath too long for Porsche to deliver this as a stand alone feature

So far so good, I've got a couple of long trips planned in the next couple of weeks, I'll let you know how I get on......

Sounds like limited post purchase dissonance.

Congrats on the new toy.

Enjoy and let's see some pics.

Make me nervous thinking about steering 'less' connected than a 997.

Nice summary...waiting for the pics. What options did you spec?

~ Maxie :thumb:

I'll get some photos up in the next day or two, in the meantime here's the specification:

- 991 C2S Coupe
- Agate Grey
- Luxor Beige Leather
- 20" Carrera Classic Wheel
- Bose
- Car Key Painted
- Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
- Floor Mats
- Heated Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Lid of Storage Bin with Porsche
- Light Design Package
- Multi Function Steering Wheel
- Park Assist Front & Rear
- PCM
- PDK
- Porsche Crest on Head Rest
- Rear Wiper
- Sport Chrono Package Plus
- Sports Exhaust System
- Sports Seats Electrical (14 Way)
- Telephone Module
- Top Tinted Windscreen
- Wheel Centres
- Wheel Spaces, 5mm

I took a 'stock' car on the basis I really liked the specification, colour combination and that the OPC offered me a deal I couldn't refuse :)

Now with pictures ..... :)

Attachments

• photo_7_ii_159.jpg
    photo_7_ii_159.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 9,520
  • photo_6_ii_130.jpg
    photo_6_ii_130.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9,520
  • photo_5_ii_146.jpg
    photo_5_ii_146.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 9,520
  • photo_4_ii_133.jpg
    photo_4_ii_133.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 9,520
  • photo_3_ii_154.jpg
    photo_3_ii_154.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 9,520
  • photo_2_ii_107.jpg
    photo_2_ii_107.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 9,520
  • photo_1_ii_182.jpg
    photo_1_ii_182.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 9,520
:envy:

:thumb:

Agate Grey looks good :thumb:

Great looking car, but that sunroof doesn't get any better looking since the first time I saw it. Sorry.

:hand:

sure most of us have looked over thousands of porsche pics yet never tire of them .
that 991 is a stunner for sure , ,looks terrific mate :worship:

Very nice, must be very happy :thumbs:

Agate Grey looks amazing :thumbs: I like the beige interior too but would worry about reflections of the dash on to the windscreen on bright days.

Congrats - it looks a great spec.

~ Maxie

What a great looking car! Congratulations. The agate grey looks fantastic. :thumbs:

Love it!!! I like the grey + beige interior combo, the interior must be nice and airy, nicer place to be than a black interior. :thumb:

Ken White said:
Great looking car, but that sunroof doesn't get any better looking since the first time I saw it. Sorry.

:hand:
+ 1, and the centre console looks too 'panamera' ish, for me. But the body styling is growing on me, and that colour is a lovely grey...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back