Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seen many 991 cars ?

Mike H

Hi all -

I only seen 1 991 so far... and I work in Canary Wharf which is where you would kind of expect to see some right!

What's everyone's opinions on the market sales so far in the UK ?

Anyone else seen many about on the roads?

Not seen many either. Possibly hidden in the garages :D

Coupe and convertible at the Fastlane show at Corbridge last Sunday. Both brought along by OPC Newcastle. They also had a new shape Boxster S which was a very good looking car.

Nice looking cars but massive compared to my little 964.

Seen one on the road since launch on the M42 around a month ago and I'd have expected to see more by now. Maybe they've killed their core market by making it too GT orientated and that part of the market doesn't want to be seen in a Cayman or Boxter? If I was in the market for a new Porsche, I'd struggle to go for the 991 due to the size and electric steering and I wouldn't want a Cayman/Boxter. A manual 997 GTS really appeals in comparison.

I was only discussing this point with my friends yesturday

I must have seen 4 since their release (one being Porsche West London's navy blue demo)

Living in West London I was expecting a lot more... there must be one 911/permit row on my road... everyone must be happy with what they got... :thumb:

Just seen a couple on the road, no more. I think due to their £10k increment over the preceding 997s, they will be slow to start from the blocks. Also current climate (economically) doesn't help.

Fantastic car though.

~ Maxie

I actually really like the back of it....

But its the front lights I dont like...

I was so pleased when the 997 went back to the propert frog shaped lights... which the 991 doesn't really have anymore....its a weird shape.

you never know - our 997 cars might go up a bit...as they have smashed in the bolloxx in depreciation recently....

Apart from OPC Cardiff I have not seen any in Wales.

Seen plenty of sheep though.

Weird isnt it... thought we would see them all over London and the suburbs...

What does 'seen' plenty of sheep actually mean eh.....

I've seen a fair few round Manchester / Cheshire.

When you only catch a quick glance at one on the road, it could almost pass for a 997 if you don't get longer than a second or so looking at it, you could easily miss looking at it properly as you think it's 'just' another 997. That's in isolation, mind, when you see one next to any other 911 variant in a showroom they tend to dwarf the older cars...!

I live in Central London, and I've seen over a dozen since launch (not counting those seen in / around dealerships). I've seen a few going up and down the A40, one outside a Homebase, one outside a Halfords. Saw a grey one in Soho the other day. I don't see them 'everywhere' but enough for me to think that they're selling in ok numbers. I even saw a nice white one yesterday ... although that was on the way to the airport in the Cote D'Azur 8)

Just to add, I have seen only one so far and that was in NW1 about a month ago. I'd be interested to know of any official sales figures regionally and nationally. If sales exceeded or even met expectations then we may have heard about it.

4 or 5 +/- and most close to the release date around Solihull/Sutton coldfield areas - probably staff or test drives. Ive seen one further from OPC, out in the wilds so to speak.

Only seen one...in Pimlico, in fact i've seen more Lamborghini Aventador's
than 991's which is quite ridiculous, as there are only a handful of Lambo's
in the UK. :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back