Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT4's 993 restoration & modification diary

GT4

OK, let's assume little acorns etc

New key head:

Attachments

• crest_700.jpg
    crest_700.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 1,560
I tried it without, but preferred it with the extra articulation afforded by the additional minor satellite ring.

Apologies to Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

On second glance there are actually two satellite rings.....only someone with great forethought would add that third ring, no more tight key turns for you, well done that man.

What's next on the customisation list??? May I be so brave as to comment that leaving a third (backless) driving glove in the 'box' would mean a swift change should you have any unsightly chaffing or spillages....

I'm sorry but I cannot agree about those rings. Too many. Rattle rattle.

kce-0754-hem.jpg

And you get a free Porsche USB stick with the keys, how cool is that? :D

To be fair, it was the key head I was referring to.

Whether the actual rings stay is open to question, it all depends what the attachment options are like on the remote fobs (that are on order), when they appear.

Jeepers, is this repesentative of how an4l every 993 thread is? :?

The Dr will only forgive your clumsy attempt at a mod once the offending ring has been removed....... :)

I think PeterS has uploaded images of his nipple rings. Apologies for that on his behalf. To be honest it's difficult to keep him sober these days.

GT4, you'll be okay here, just remember to keep your car fully customised and in factory spec utilising both Porsche only parts and all available third party vendors for wheels, exhausts, cell cats, body kits, wings, chips, engine mounts, spoiler bearings, ISV cleans, tyres, windscreen replacements, headlamp upgrades, boot carpets, pocket clips, blue interiors, tip gearboxes, stearing wheels, COG set ups, dampers both Bilstien and Monroe (one each side f&r) and you'll be fine (don't mention tool kits).

I like that you have eased yourself in gently with a key refurb, although posting it within PeterS' earshot was brave. Where's Sam????

Good luck. :wack:

Well, my very first bit of DIY was to gliptone the leather service folder, replace batteries in keys, replace bulb in key and take toothbrush to key to remove 15 years worth of dead skin and crud.

JAMES HUNT said:
Well, my very first bit of DIY was to gliptone the leather service folder, replace batteries in keys, replace bulb in key and take toothbrush to key to remove 15 years worth of dead skin and crud.

.....and your second was to add a massive deadly spider. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back