Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice wanted......turbo or C4S

TrevF

Hi guys, I'm looking at coming back to a Porsche after seeing a rather nice white 911 c4s 2007 with an aero kit on it, 16k on the clock with a price tag of £45k. It then got me thinking, if I go to £45k I can get the same year car but the turbo but this will have around 40k miles on the clock. What's my best choice do you think? I have a part ex so I am looking at dealerships/garages
Any advice appreciated :)

For me the turbo,but each to there own,both great looking cars and they are both porsche :thumb:

This will be my third 911 I've had a 993 and a996 previously and in between Nissan gtr Audi R8 etc if that helps

TrevF said:
This will be my third 911 I've had a 993 and a996 previously and in between Nissan gtr Audi R8 etc if that helps

With that history I think you'd pretty soon be hankering for more than the C4S would give you.

You might need a bit more than 45k for a dealer 2007 Turbo with 40k miles though :dont know:

I've found 4 cars upto now at between 42-45k With the closest one to me being SK Motors in Tamworth but the colour of the car is atlas grey metallic and I ideally wanted black or white, would anyone know if Atlas grey is a popular colour choice when it comes to resale?

OK so yes, given your car history I think a turbo would be the best choice.

Atlas Grey is a good color. Spec looks good.

On the 1st Gen 997s I would suggest that manual is probably a more popular choice than tip. On a 2nd Gen car PDK would be the way to go imho, but of course if you're used to an auto with the GTR/R8 then you'll probably not find tip lacking, but it is an auto box with a torque converter, not an automated manual.

I would love a 2nd gen but the budget i've allowed myself won't stretch to it with a turbo, c4s maybe? One thing i do like about the 2nd gen is the LED rear lights, are they an exact replacement on a 997 gen 1 turbo?
Thanks for the advice on the colour, do you think on this car that it is lacking in any of the options that were available? I'm just thinking about re-sale and making sure it would appeal to an enthusiast.

TrevF said:
Here's a link to the ad, please have a look and let me know what you think. I want to make sure that the car I buy has all the right choices! Is manual the preferred box as stated? Etc thanks for any help you can give

I'm biased but imo Atlas grey is beautiful and it is a recognised 'good' colour for residual value.

Manual and Tip cars both have their fans. The important thing is to make sure what you want.

As I said, you'll struggle to find many 07 cars with 40k miles for £45k at a dealer. There's a big difference between an 06/06 and an 07.

TrevF said:
I would love a 2nd gen but the budget i've allowed myself won't stretch to it with a turbo, c4s maybe? One thing i do like about the 2nd gen is the LED rear lights, are they an exact replacement on a 997 gen 1 turbo?
Thanks for the advice on the colour, do you think on this car that it is lacking in any of the options that were available? I'm just thinking about re-sale and making sure it would appeal to an enthusiast.

I believe the 2nd gen cars are better, but with the turbo putting out an extra 100-150bhp I think you would be better off with that given your history. But you could always drive them both and then decide!

The rear lights aren't a straight swap - you need a new rear bumper and other bits AFAIK, because the bumper is a different shape. Resale value to me means keeping the car original and not ***** about with it, and I'd say that goes for the majority of people looking to buy.

I've had both tip and manual and for me manual just pips it, but if it was a big downer on re-sale it wouldn't bother me to go tip (if that makes sense?)

What's the difference between 06 and 07 on the turbo? Is it anything I should worry about?

dont think there's any difference between 06 and 07. The 2nd gen turbo wasn't until the 2009 MY I believe.

TrevF said:
I've had both tip and manual and for me manual just pips it, but if it was a big downer on re-sale it wouldn't bother me to go tip (if that makes sense?)

Generally, despite costing more new, Tip's are cheaper to buy than manual cars.

What's the difference between 06 and 07 on the turbo? Is it anything I should worry about?

afaik there weren't any changes. My reference to the "difference" was purely down to their value. An 06/06 car is worth a lot less than an 07 car.

Ah right i've got you, so purely value.
Looks like a manual is the right choice for me then!
Do you think that the car in the link is a fair price?
Any help appreciated

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back