Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

205 GTI 1.9 Track Car '91 H

dommorton

Zandvoort
I have decided that after almost 8 years of fun filled ownership, it is now time to allow someone new to enjoy my little track beast.

The car started out with me as an honest and completely standard car, which came with bundles of service history (included) and I drove it like this for a few months whilst between cars. I was only intending on keeping it a short while as a stop gap, but it was so much fun I just couldn't let it go!

With it being an original non-sunroof car, it made total sense to turn it in to a dedicated track toy, and I've done lots to the car to ensure it's in the best mechanical condition possible. I'm happy to say that after many trips to the track, it has never once let me down.

I'll try to list as many of the bits and pieces I've done as I can think of, but I'm sure to miss something so if you are interested feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Completely Stripped and minimalist interior to save weight
New OMP Roll Cage - powder coated for durability. Door bars also installed.
Sparco Seats
Expensive 6 Point Sabelt Harnesses
Refurbished Rear Beam
New Shocks, Bottom Arms, Drop Links
206 GTI 180 Front Brakes – These were brand new and give amazing stopping power.
Weber 45 Carb Conversion – These are in great shape and have proved very reliable with little to no fettling required.
Toyo R888 Tyres on original Speedline rims
Magnex Exhaust
Poly Carb Window Kit With Sliders
Rev Limiter with Shift Light
Momo Steering Wheel

Due to a lack of recent use the car is currently SORN and the MOT has just lapsed. I would however be happy to have the car retested if the asking price is achieved.

I'm looking for £1,900
Car is located in Calne Wiltshire

cctd271110245-1.jpg

P1000837.jpg

P1000841.jpg

P1000842.jpg

P1000845.jpg

P1000848.jpg

Hey Dom

After my CAT driving 'lesson' I am hunting for a track day weapon before I launch myself into a racing season of some sort sometime next year.

If you don't sell it/haven't sold it - soon - perhaps we can talk?

Are you coming to Poole Quay or Hatton?

It's an awesome little car to cut your teeth on bud.

I should be at Poole Quay :thumb:

I've looked at going this route loads of times, as it would be a lot cheaper than trying to make my car into "the best of both worlds" compromise.

The problem is I love driving my car sooooo much.

You going to be tracking the 993 now, Dom?

No way!

Just don't have enough time for track days these days.

I might get another track toy down the line.

dommorton said:
It's an awesome little car to cut your teeth on bud.

I should be at Poole Quay :thumb:

See you Friday mate.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back