Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How fast is a 991S?

As seen in May's edition Tiff Needell put one round the EVO test track in 1.22.8.

ie. faster than the 997.2 GT3, 997 Turbo S and the 997 GT2

Pretty impressive I'd say. :thumb:

I've had mine at the agreed euro limit plus 10 and it changed upto to 7th so bloody quick :eek:

Tinker said:
The driver's a bit of a twat on the motorway.

And, if the rear lights show that he/she's flashing cars in front, to tell them to get out of the way, the lights seem strangely out of sync.

Nothing wrong with that driving and gave the people plenty of chance to get out the way.

Do you think Porsche designed rear lights to flash to tell the car in "front" to get out the way :floor: :floor:

The rear lights are LED and they show that effect when filmed. They are not linked to his headlights.

GT3GT3 said:
Nothing wrong with that driving and gave the people plenty of chance to get out the way.

In which case, he was doing a hell of a lot of braking. :)

Hi

The 997's and 991's are truly fast cars. Too much power for me perhaps. I am not that great a driver, and restraint has never been a strong point with me.

Surely cars retaining a modicum of comfort and repairability for road use cannot get much faster than this can they?

Berni

It's a good point Berni, if we just keep making cars quicker where will we end up? I have been very fortunate to have owned a number of very quick cars but given the state of the UK roads I am beginning to question the point of all this.

T8996C4 said:
As seen in May's edition Tiff Needell put one round the EVO test track in 1.22.8.

ie. faster than the 997.2 GT3, 997 Turbo S and the 997 GT2

Pretty impressive I'd say. :thumb:

I'd say that Tiff might be 2 secs a lap quicker than their staff driver, imo..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back