Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Head 2 Head: Nissan GT-R Black vs 997 911 Turbo S

Porsche News

Motor Trend's latest Head 2 Head episode sees Jonny Lieberman pit Nissan's 406 kW (545 bhp) GT-R Black Edition against the Porsche 911 Turbo S. Powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.8-litre flat-six, which develops 395 kW (530 bhp)and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque, the Turbo S flies to 100 km/h (62 mph) in a mere 3.3 seconds, 200 km/h in 10.8 s and onto a top speed of 315 km/h (195 mph).

Attachments

• turbos_gtr_12_547.jpg
    turbos_gtr_12_547.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 11,012
Interesting if somewhat subjective review (aren't they always?). Nissan has and will continue to evolve their GTR to eek out more and more power and chip away little by little at the performance envelope (much like the evo FQs a few years back). And if it's mere numbers and stats that will sway you then it's hard to ignore the GTR as your A to B missile of choice, although it was spanked in the all important drag race :grin:

Thing is though, it still ain't a 911, and you can't get any more objective than that... :bandit:

''the rear seats are for punishing children!'' :?:
I think the kids would have good fun sat in either of the cars!

Hat off to Knee-san being 400LB heavier and competing. I still couldn't bring myself to buy one and I can't put my finger on why. The importer here is tuning them quite regulary for much higher figures. When I climb into the Porsche I know I've got heritage and all the racing history that goes with the marque. The only history I see with Nissan is pixelated games. There are lots of other marques I would consider before the Nissan too who have a great history. It's almost as if Nissan set the Porsche as the benchmark to beat and are now lost as what to do next. :?:

Surprised the GTR out-does the Turbo S on the Figure-8 circuit. I thought that's where the Porsche would excel....

~ Maxie :dont know:

!

It really (.... in most cases), comes down to the drivers talent! I have seen my bit of drivers, who could not drive a fast car, and the ones who could drive a "slow" - faster, in my 21 years as a sports cameraman.

That said, and please do call me a badge snob, I will not pay that kind of money - to see a Nissan logo on my steering wheel.

There is so much more to it, stuff that the BMW, Nissan, Honda etc. guys don´t understand... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back