Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone else waiting?

911BlackEd

Nurburgring
Having a very frustrating time waiting, and now being told its delayed even longer! Anyone else being told this?

I am told that every 991 (over 150 and counting) is being held in the port of Emden at an inspection area and having the fuel pipe replaced by the factory, at the port! Sounds like a bit of a botch to me and really unhappy! Was meant to be delivered 12th March!!

Same here. Built mid March and sitting on the port in Germany since.
I'm told the backlog is clearing finally with some movement next week, but it's beyond frustrating now.

I appreciate it's very frustrating having to wait, but I had an early 991 (delivered in early January) and experienced the fuel pipe disconnecting (mentioned in an earlier posting) draining the fuel from the tank. Apparently the fuel pipe runs alongside the coolant pipie and it is possible for them to rub together and disconnect the quick connecter on the fuel pipe. Part of the solution is to fit a spacer between them. Although it is frustrating having to wait, this modification seems very important to me after my experience.

Anyway, other than this experience, it's a great car and should be well worth the wait!

It 'might' be on the boat of Thursday... It 'might' be delivered on Monday...

Somehow I think I will still be driving their 997 next week!! Good fun though :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back