Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 UK Production Figures

Dom B

993 Production Figures for the UK.

As far as I am aware the figures are correct but if anyone knows otherwise then please advise.

Attachments

• porsche_993_production_numbers_156.jpg
    porsche_993_production_numbers_156.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,667
My 2S was built in Germany. Not the UK. :thumbs:

Only having some fun.

Interesting import numbers.

Oh how I would love an RS.

The numbers are lower than I thought :) Interesting ...

Mine was sold and registered in 1993, where are the 1993 figures?

Or do we assume/guess they are mixed into the 1994 figures?

If so then there are less 1994 registered cars than the number shown.

Either '93 is missing or '94 is wrong, right?
:?:

1993 is the true 993 year, maybe there is a special list somewhere else?
:)

Dom, or anyone else, how would I find out how many Carrera S Vesuvius cars (with the Steel Grey bits, not full Vesuvius cars) were built???

Serious question....r/h manuals only.

clarkycat said:
Mine was sold and registered in 1993, where are the 1993 figures?

Or do we assume/guess they are mixed into the 1994 figures?

If so then there are less 1994 registered cars than the number shown.

Either '93 is missing or '94 is wrong, right?
:?:

1993 is the true 993 year, maybe there is a special list somewhere else?

The figures will be for model years not calendar years.
Model years "generally" go from August to July, but not always. So cars built from August 1993 to July 1994 would probably be counted as MY '94.

TheCock said:
Dom, or anyone else, how would I find out how many Carrera S Vesuvius cars (with the Steel Grey bits, not full Vesuvius cars) were built???

I heard that there was only one, as its so desireable it was released as a press car. After all the journalists had trashed about it in I heard it got smashed into the Armco on a track day and the body shell was badly damaged.

The last I heard some gypsies had bought it and said they thought they would be able to fill it and make it look OK again.

They were on the South coast somewhere, then I lost track of it.

Hope this helps.

....I see the ordinary Carrera Coupe is as common as muck......;)

Jack Frost said:
Whats a coupe/cabrio ?

I suspect that was how they classified (for the purpose of these statistics) the later cabrios which were delivered ex-works with a hardtop as standard. :dont know:

They are rare beasts - all of them. I think they made/sold about 4 times as many 996s and even more 997s... Hence why Porsche is still around today.

I've seen thses figures before. Anybody know what a COUPE / CABRIO is? :? Or is it just a car which wasn't classified correctly?

Red993C4 said:
Jack Frost said:
Whats a coupe/cabrio ?

I suspect that was how they classified (for the purpose of these statistics) the later cabrios which were delivered ex-works with a hardtop as standard. :dont know:
I assumed it was a data anomaly, i.e. it could either be a coupe or cabrio, for some reason the info wasn't recorded properly and it went into a 'coupe / cabrio' catch-all categorisation?

Certainly doesn't look like a specific model designation (or even a cab with a hardtop) to me as there are one or two cars in most model years, from 1994 onwards? :dont know:

peters said:
TheCock said:

I heard that there was only one, as its so desireable it was released as a press car. After all the journalists had trashed about it in I heard it got smashed into the Armco on a track day and the body shell was badly damaged.

The last I heard some gypsies had bought it and said they thought they would be able to fill it and make it look OK again.

They were on the South coast somewhere, then I lost track of it.

Hope this helps.

:grin: :eek: :grin:

I wonder how many of the 3646 built are still on the road

Sorry, I can't offer a definitive explanation as to why there is a Coupe / Cabrio and a Cabrio listed separately. I can only assume that it may have been some kind of clerical error on Porsche's part.

Although not shown in the production numbers it is believed that there were approximately fourteen Turbo Cabriolets produced in 1995. I don't know how many of these were L/H drive as opposed to R/H drive cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back