Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPTIONAL" PCCB" CERAMIC BRAKES ON 991

Dlff

Hi guys, I have been told that the PCCB costs an arm & a leg to replace.
Good to have it if you go circuit.
The stock disc brake is more than you ever need on the street.
What are your views on this mates?
Cheers mate!

It seems many tracksters swap (or just don't spec) PCCB out for steels anyway.

Unless you are going to keep the car long enough to do ~120000+ road only miles then they aren't cost effective. If you use them on track their life diminishes much more rapidly - if you are careful they can last a reasonable time, if not then they can be killed in a surprisingly small number of days. The Supercup cars run them for marketing reasons, all other 911 racing cars use steel. Switching to steel is either a matter of aftermarket (i.e. outside of warranty) disks or a very pricey retrofit from an OPC. That is still cheaper than the ~£14000 + pads that it costs to replace ceramic disks.

Summary - you don't want them unless buying a road only (or road + Nordschleiffe {hard on suspension, but relatively kind to brakes and tyres}) car for big mileage.

Hope that covers it.

One major advantage of the ceramics is the reduced unsprung weight - giving a slightly better ride. I don't think that anyone will ever find the C2S steel brakes deficient in their braking performance. Even the GT3 with steel discs on the track is well within its comfort zone. I have driven both on the track and did not notice any difference - at least for the duration of a typical 30 min session.

Spec lighter wheels then.

Even nice ones will offer a £10k saving (vs replacement).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back