Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red decals on my car? see my sig

The red decals on Durgesh's Porsche work extremely well - size, colour and style and what makes them work particularly well is the fact that he has black wheels. I'm not so sure it would bring the same effect to yours, unless you are thinking of having black wheels, even then I'm not convinced. IMO.

I like your car as it is without the decals!

I think durgesh's car has a very different vibe because of the black on black - silver gives a cleaner less 'evil' look which I don't think will take very well to red decals or lettering.

Generally I think that decals need to match the wheels, so e.g. Black decals fine if you have black wheels (similar to what pzero says), red with red etc.

I've attached a couple of pics and the 997 looks ok with black decals and silver wheels, but I think that's because the graphic are a lot larger and take up the whole lower-side portion of the car (which explains why the 996 looks a bit odd in my view). I reckon the GT3 looks fantastic - but it has red wheels to balance out the red. Hope this helps you decide what to do!

Attachments

• 997_carrera_s_black_on_white_204.jpg
    997_carrera_s_black_on_white_204.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,631
  • 996_door_decal_497.jpg
    996_door_decal_497.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,631
  • cfs11_997gt3_1024x764_149.jpg
    cfs11_997gt3_1024x764_149.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 2,631
I would go with Black decals, and Black "PORSCHE" Lettering on Rear.

That will also go nicely with the Black Shadow around the windows, black plastic under mirrors etc.

I just got my replacement ones.. much much better match to the red.

Also I have sent a PORSCHE rear badge to the body shop to get painted in Matt Black, I think this will help it POP a little more on the body work.

Getting rid of "911 Carrera S" on rear.

Once I get that back, I'll post a picture.. so you can see what the black letters on the rear look like.

Durgesh

Very funny

Histerical. Everyone complains about the Harmless badge on the rear while others love big red sponsor type letters on the side of the car. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back