Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Checklist for a 997 C2S

Harryf

OK, after a couple of test drives and a lot of surfing, I think I've come up with my specifications for a perfect 997:-

PCM 2 Satellite Navigation & Telephone module,
Air conditioning/climate control,
19" alloys,
6 speed manual,
Full extended leather pack,
PSM Traction control,
Chrono Sports pack
Park assist
Multi function steering wheel
PASM Active suspension,
Cruise control, On board computer,
Electric windows,
Electric heated door mirrors,
Electrically heated Memory seats,
Rear wiper,
Bi xenon headlights,
Headlight washers,
Blue tooth phone prep,
Bose sound system,
Rain sensors
Porsche VTS security system.
Silver or Black
Black leather interior

If I've missed anything or specified something that isn't available, please could you let me know. My budget has gone up a bit to about £27,500.

Harry

I guess from the lack of response that my list was pretty comprehensive and complete.....

If anyone does think of anything I've missed or made a mistake on, please could you let me know.

PCM 2 - standard
Satellite Navigation & Telephone module - optional
Air conditioning/climate control - standard
19" alloys - standard
6 speed manual - standard
Full extended leather pack - optional
PSM Traction control - standard
Chrono Sports pack - optional
Park assist - optional
Multi function steering wheel - optional
PASM Active suspension - standard
Cruise control - optional
On board computer - standard
Electric windows - standard
Electric heated door mirrors - standard
Electrically heated Memory seats - optional
Rear wiper - optional
Bi xenon headlights - standard
Headlight washers - standard
Blue tooth phone prep - N/A
Bose sound system - optional
Rain sensors - optional
Porsche VTS security system. N/A
Silver or Black
Black leather interior

Good luck in your search.

~ Maxie

Bin...

Full extended Leather Pack, MF Steering Wheel, rear wiper, Cruise Control, Memory Seats, phone prep.

Add...

Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel and Sports Exhaust...

All personal opinion of course.

Your wish-list (as edited by Maxie) seems realistic and your budget should allow you plenty of choice.

One note of caution ........

Don't let your ideal spec' get ahead of finding a car with the right mileage, condition and service history.

Good luck :thumb:

That's a similar spec to the 997 we used to have. Many of the features you quoted are standard on a Carrera S.

I agree with ResB that sports seats and the MF steering wheel are worth having. You didn't mention the OEM SatNav. It's rather eclipsed by newer portable units, but I still liked it.

I had the rear wiper and found it useful although many dislike it. I presume a sunroof isn't important? I used mine quite a lot.

However, as Terry says, condition is more important than outright spec, but there are plenty of cars out there, so you can afford to wait for the right one.

Finally, on bluetooth, be aware that if you're thinking of taking an official Porsche warranty (I did, for its unrivalled protection), an after-market kit (or indeed any 3rd-party accesories) will invalidate it.

Good luck with your search,
Roy :thumbs:

Thanks to everyone that replied. I've replaced my wish list to reflect all of your suggestions.
I know that I shouldn't substitute 'extras' for condition, mileage and age, but I thought having a good idea of the things I would like would make it easier to trawl through all the 997's that are available.
I'm going to spend a few weeks looking through all the ad's on autotrader and pistonheads and I hope I'll be lucky and find a good one.

I've already found a really helpful independent dealer who I hope will help me find the 'perfect' car. If anyone has got any good feedback about other dealers in London and the South I'd appreciate any info you have.

This website is really useful, and I haven't had the chance to go through all the pages yet so I apologise if there is a forum on 'good dealers'.

Thanks again for all your help, I hope to be a member of 'the Porsche owners club' very soon.

Harry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back