Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recall ..... due to fuel pump Intermittent fault

SJB

Hi All,

Had a call from OPC this morning saying there 's a recall on my 911 ..(2009), regarding an Intermittent fault on the fuel pump , so the car may not start up ...... anyone else get a call ?

Oh no problem with mine so far .... :thumbs:

Thanks

Yep had mine done about a month ago, also 2009.

the technical bulletin was issued in late june, all my gen 2 cars have had it done
takes a couple of hours and they replace the high pressure fuel pump

does this only apply to gen 2, or are gen 1 involved as well.

blue turbo said:
does this only apply to gen 2, or are gen 1 involved as well.

Just Gen-2 from 2009-2010. Potential fault in the high-pressure fuel pump (the Gen-1 doesn't have one of those).

Includes Gen2 cars from 2008 as well, mine's an Oct '08 car and I had it done.

I've had no contact from Porsche or OPC ??

Me neither, mine had to break first :grin:

Give your local OPC a call.

Thanks all,

I think i wait until mine starts to play up , as I don't like my car going in to OPC, as everytime its gone in ,it come out with more scratches then it had, actually I have had all my minor scratches from OPC .....now i have to tell them.... don't wash my car !!...

Trust me, get it in for the recall before it leaves you stuck by the side of the road in the middle of winter.

HPFP

Hi all, appreciate this is quite an old thread but I wonder if anyone is able to provide any more detail about the aforementioned technical bulletin that was released regarding the hpfp fail (am guessing 2011?).
I ask as I have a 997 gen 2 cab on a 10 plate that has this exact issue. I currently have it in a OPC but they are refusing to acknowledge the issue claiming they are aware of a FP issue on 11 and 12 plate cars not not 09/10 place model's which seems to go against the discussion hear (and in other forums)
any info would be appreciated :)

Mark C

I had a 09 gen 2 cayman s that got recalled for a new pump so it did exist in 09 cars. It never ran as well after replacement though !

Are you having any problems with it? Has the HPFP been diagnosed as failing?

Thx for the response on this.
Yes I currently have this issue on my 997.2, the car is still running but struggles to start and runs at reduced power. Diagnostic error was a fuel pressure issue and Porsche confirmed the HPFP is at fault.
Was just looking for any details on the product recall/campaign that I can put to Porsche.

There's a facility on the Porsche site to check for recalls on your car.
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back