Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying Advice 997 c2s/gts

pbeecroft

I have always wanted a 911, but im only now in a situation to actually own one.

I have a budget of £65k assuming a certain trade-in value. I was looking at upto a 1yr old C2S. Local dealer tried to uplift me into a GTS but that was 8K over budget. I have found a decent spec C2S at a merc dealer.

1. Is the GTS a much better buy than a c2s ?, although im not a fan of the alacantra, will this car hold its value better than a c2s ?. is the alacantra durable ?.

2. Will a newish 997 devalue significantly DEC/JAN when the 991 is in the wild ?

3. Is buying a 1YO 911 from a mercedes dealership a problem ? they assure me the remainder of the 3yr warranty can be transferred.

4. Spec. bedazzled by the option list. this is what I was looking for.
PDK with paddles (not buttons)
Sat NAV
Bluetooth Phone
Sports Seats
Sports Chrono Plus
Sports Exhaust
PASM (i think this is standard ?)
Rear Park Assist
Heated Seats
Cruise Control

Have I missed a must have feature ?

Hi PB and welcome to the forum :thumbs:

1. I think most people will agree that a C2 GTS is almost certainly a better buy and a better car than a C2S. For starters, the GTS has the engine power upgrade (PowerKit, or X51 option) as standard along with a sports exhaust (PSE). Some people on te forum have reported seeing GTS models for the figure you are quoting as your budget (try Hatfield OPC). Alcantera is indeed durable; it's fitted as standard to the GT cars and needs to be durable as these buyers typically do a fair amount of track days.

2. A 997 will devalue somewhat once a 991 is in full swing but persionally I don't think it will be drastic as a base 911 without any options will still cost £71k which is a good £6k (iirc) more than the outgoing base 997.

3. It should not be if its the Porsche warranty that will be in effect rather than a Mercedes one.

4. Your options list looks healthy. Personally if I was going for the GTS, I would not go for the centre-lock alloys; there have been some reports on the forum that they are difficult to remove and I think there are some prettier designs in the 5-bolt pattern than the BBS-style design that come as standard.

Post up any examples you are looking at if you want some further opinions from the forum. Happy hunting!

~ Maxie :)

is it the GTS manual they have in their stock list at hatfield OPC ? or it was a car sold recently ?.

http://www.porschehost.com/ApprovedStockIframe.asp?opc=17

this is the car I have been negotiating on.

picture attached

PDK AUTOMATIC WITH PADDLES
2010 911 Carrera 2 S
19� Turbo 2 Tone Alloy Wheels
Extended Sat Nav
Sunroof
Windscreen with Grey Tint
Sports Exhaust
Embossed Crested Head Restraints
Limited Slip Rear Differential Lock
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Sport Seats
Centre Console in Exterior Colour
Cruise Control
Phone Module
Park Assist
Heated Seats
Climate Control
CD Player

to wrap this thread up.

I bought the C2S. went and saw the car 5k miles pretty much as new and with a good spec. got a good price, ok trade-in.

pick her up Thursday.

Congratulations. Great colour. Enjoy it :thumbs:

C2S

Enjoy...very smart !! :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back