Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying Advice - 997.2 C2S

dannyboy

I am currently in the market for a 12-24 month old 997 gen 2 C2S in Aqua Blue with a budget of £50-60k depending on age due to finance company (car can't be more than 6 years old at the end of the agreement - in return I am getting a rate of 6.6% apr which appears competitve). Ideally I would like to buy through an OPC. I have a number of questions and would welcome some input:

Prices - the prices on the C2S's appear to be holding up at the moment as the effect of the new 991 hasn't been felt yet. Does anyone know when people are starting to take delivery of new 991's in the Uk. This in turn will no doubt increase supply and soften prices?

GTS - At present, prices are around £65k+ do you think prices in these models will come down sub £60k when the new reg arrives in March + 991 upgrades?

GTS - what is the difference between the C2S and GTS. Is it worth trying to stretch to one of these? I am looking to use the car for an everyday commute and then occasionally use to take my two kids and wife away for the weekend - is this practical? I understand I would need to buy one with the optional rear seats to accomodate the kids.

What do you think I would currently get for £50k and £60k?

Tyres - what mm of tread do brand new tyres have?

I am in no rush to make purchase as am concerned any car bought today will depreciate at a greater rate than at current as the 991 effect takes hold between now and April next year then will flatten out again to a normal level - do you agree?

I look forward to some comments. I will no doubt have more questions and really appreciate the input as I try to find my dream car.

First deliveries should be 17th December.

GTS gets X51 and PSE plus others (and of course the widebody), will always retain more than the equivalent C2S.

8mm (7-9mm depending on tyre)

Hi Db, very quickly to answer your questions - it is almost well worth the extra saving for a GTS as you're getting a whole load more kit for not much more premium. Included in that is the uprated engine by virtue of the PowerKit which increases power from 385ps (approx 381bhp) to 408ps (402bhp) and the PSE as standard equipment. You'll also get the centre-lock alloys (jury's still out as to whether they're better than the normal 5 bolt alloys) and side decals detailing the model. Other things you should be aware of is that the leather stitched dash and rear seats are not standard on the GTS. Many people have specced the latter but choose very carefully which pre-owned GTS you go for as the options specified vary wildly from car to car. For instance, bucket seats were available as an option but some people find those uncomfortable over the long haul. I believe by March next year you should see a GTS within your budget.

Brand new tyres have 8mm of tread.

I believe that we are about to enter another economic recession ie. double dip and that all second-hand car prices will depreciate sharply between now and early next year - kinda works in your favour!

Happy hunting.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Rear seats were NCO.

The 5-bolt Carrera Sport wheels were NCO too.

p1000217_822.jpg

Are you sure the car musn't be more than 6 years old at the end of the term? most finance co's want under 10 years old at the end?

£50-£60 should buy you anything from a lovely late 2008 to a 2010 car,

Depreciation on Porsche at the moment seems a lot heavier than it has been, so difficult to tell the future with great certainty.
But the problem in my experience is theres a lot of very average cars but shortage of very special ones>
i would try not to get determined to buy the very cheapest , because its the spec and mileage which will determine the value of the car when you come to sell it.
There are some very good cars outside of the main dealer network, but the quality of the dealers offering them does vary hugely.
Porsche buying and selling isn't as simple as it may seem, especially so the more expensive the car becomes, and a special car may sell privately whereas a very ordinary car is very difficult for a private seller to sell.
As always advise is always free if you want a chat

Indeed, we can go 10 years old at the end of the agreement and our rates are competitive. On a standard consumer based deal, not quite 6.6% but not far off and given you might save some money on the cost of a slightly older car etc... If you qualify for variable rate funding, 6.6% well and truly smashed. Feel free to give me a call to discuss if you wish.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back