Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White Porsche Carrera S (991) spotted out in the wild.

sld82

Here are some pictures from some motoring editors' encounter with a white Carrera S. Acccording to the accompanying article at the source, they did race the new car and it proved very fast.

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_001.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_002.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_003.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_004.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_005.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_006.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_007.jpg

white_porsche_911_991_carrera_s_on_autobahn_a81_008.jpg

Looks great in white.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Maxie said:
Looks great in white.

Sure does. Pictures two and four do the rear profile justice.

Cannot wait to see the wide-body variants. 8)

Doesn't the back spoiler look a bit weird in the first 2 pics? It kind of looks like someone's left the door ajar?! Otherwise I agree, looks great in white.

Some more white:

4-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

(OK, so that last one is a bit dirty around the front wheel arch trail...)

I think those wheels work very well with the colour :thumb:

Not particularly keen on the alloys tho' in motion they look fine, lol.

~ Maxie

sld82 said:
Maxie said:
Looks great in white.

Sure does. Pictures two and four do the rear profile justice.

Cannot wait to see the wide-body variants. 8)

Its an S so why no widebody? Personally still think its orrible! Especially the arse end.
If only they had taken the tail lights all the way across ala 993 it would of looked okay :dont know:

Car sits well on the chassis with no glaring gaps like there are on the 997 (especially around the rear wheel arches). I guess wheel design is subjective, not my cup of tea but there'll be plenty out there who like them.

~ Maxie

spongebob squarepants said:
Its an S so why no widebody?

It's the new paradigm (since the 997.1) , widebodies are AWD chassis models only.

The engine has no bearing.

Not keen on the badges on the rear end..otherwise :thumbs:

Roro said:
Doesn't the back spoiler look a bit weird in the first 2 pics? It kind of looks like someone's left the door ajar?! Otherwise I agree, looks great in white.

I'll admit, the rear spoiler is taking a while to grow on me. I had been hoping that a 993-type rear spoiler would be employed - including the 993 Turbo wing for the 991 Turbo. These flaps do seem somewhat gimmicky.

spongebob squarepants said:
sld82 said:
Maxie said:
Its an S so why no widebody? Personally still think its orrible! Especially the arse end.
If only they had taken the tail lights all the way across ala 993 it would of looked okay :dont know:

I must say, I don't have too many issues with this car. My main gripe, one which still irks me from time to time, is that they actually made it that much bigger. I honestly thought they had heard their fans and buyers, and would return to the classic compact 911 proportions.

Oh well, another long wait before one can hope again (14 more years).

sld82 said:
I must say, I don't have too many issues with this car. My main gripe, one which still irks me from time to time, is that they actually made it that much bigger. I honestly thought they had heard their fans and buyers, and would return to the classic compact 911 proportions.

Unfortunately the 911 has to compete with the likes of the Audi R8 and other larger cars. Most people out there associate size with "value" and (I guess) are unlikely to pay the same price for a smaller car even though the driving experience is better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back