Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Offering to scratch your car, for FREE!!

spectraluk

Complimentary car cleaning

As part of our ongoing commitment to provide you with the very best facilities and services, we would like to inform you that from the 5 September, we will be offering all of our customers a complimentary car cleaning service every Saturday at Porsche Centre Reading, between 9am and 4pm.

During this time, you are invited to bring your Porsche to the Centre where we will treat it to a thorough hand-wash and vacuum. Whilst your car is being cleaned, we will be serving fresh coffee and cakes and invite you to make full use of the facilities in our customer lounge which includes free Wi-Fi.

All complimentary wash and vacuums must be booked in advance and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please email [email protected] to book your car in and we will confirm your booking by return email.

From my experience - this would be a free 'scratch your car to death' service.

As well as notifying the booking in service people, I always leave a "DON'T CLEAN ON PAIN OF DEATH" sign on the passenger seat and dashboard when I take mine in.

Is there a marque embargo?

I might take this though, hasn't seen a sponge for six months (unless you include the free wash it had at its service):

vrslaneflip2.JPG

Why so bad?

Not having had a car cleaned by a main dealer in ages, why are they so bad at it? Do they use those silicon blade dryers? Or maybe they just don't care if the sponge/ wash mitt gets dropped on the floor, etc. Either way, it seems at odds with the level of service they should give in relation to the price of the car & the perceived status of the dealer.
Maybe they could/ should get a car valet company in that has a good reputation, instead of just "man with a bucket & sponge".
Matt.

I think I'll go for the interior clean only.

~ Maxie :)

Having seen how well cared for their wash bay is at Reading and going to collect a GT3 with another forum member after some work was done it looked like band new 8) even under the indoor lighting :eek:

Some people do take pride in their work ,not all granted

Reading is the OPC though, if they can't, no one will.

clinchy993 said:
Having seen how well cared for their wash bay is at Reading and going to collect a GT3 with another forum member after some work was done it looked like band new 8) even under the indoor lighting :eek:

Some people do take pride in their work ,not all granted

I agree, some do take pride...but i'm afraid many more just don't. It's like
the other thread about damaged alloys after tyre changing...so, so many
individuals simply don't properly focus on the job in hand and hey presto,
a scratch here and a chip there... :roll:

When handing mine over for its 4 year service I was asked to agree that the courtesy car that I was given in return was in good order, this was by way of inspection. This I did, but it works both ways, I had the OPC inspect my car and we both agreed its condition at point of handover and it was documented - people should insist on this.

+1
and get them to complete one of those sheets that a car hire company asks you to fill out, marking out any imperfections already in existence..

as you say, it works both ways...

I often pop-in to OPC Cambridge when I'm passing, and I'm always dismayed by the standard of prep work the cars for sale receive. The Albanians at my local car wash do a better job of my daily snotter!

Martian said:
The Albanians at my local car wash do a better job of my daily snotter!

Oh dear, have you taken to commuting in the Fezza again :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back