Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 911 [991] - What's going on with the rear badges ?

Porsche News

There is a lot of badge going on !

Up until now it was a simple model variant name, 'Carrera' 'Turbo' 'GT3' even extending to 'Carrera GTS'

2009_porsche_911_carreras_and_targa_16_cd_gallery.jpg

but apart from the very rare special editions, every 10 years not a mention of '911' let alone 'Porsche'

but now there is a lot going on!

I wonder why :?: :?: :?:

Is the design so different or even normal that Porsche need to remind everyone it's a Porsche 911 ?

Attachments

• porsche_911_991_r600_190.jpg
    porsche_911_991_r600_190.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 9,374
  • badger1_145.jpg
    badger1_145.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 9,374
  • badger2_197.jpg
    badger2_197.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 9,374
Porsche News said:
There is a lot of badge going on !

Up until now it was a simple model variant name, 'Carrera' 'Turbo' 'GT3' even extending to 'Carrera GTS'

but apart from the very rare special editions, every 10 years not a mention of '911' let alone 'Porsche'

but now there is a lot going on!

I wonder why :?: :?: :?:

Is the design so different or even normal that Porsche need to remind everyone it's a Porsche 911 ?

When getting out of my car recently I was asked by two young guys to settle a bet by telling them whether it was a 911 or a Carrera.
Maybe that's why. :dont know:

I understand there is an Exclusive option to have your bank balance and telephone number or email appended to the rear :dont know:

Trying to imagine the rear debadged, and I think they've done it to break up a massive surface area in body colour. Prior models have broken this up with larger lights, reflectors, obvious spoilers, etc which the 991 doesn't have.

Still a bit much in terms of lettering.

Maybe Porsche read the thread on here about the guy with a 996 convertible who got told that his car was a Boxster as that replaced the convertible, in a supermarket car park by a retard! Still might not help as he probably wouldn't be able to read anyway!!

Not Keen - Too "Bling" :hand:

RobIpswichUK said:
Trying to imagine the rear debadged, and I think they've done it to break up a massive surface area in body colour. Prior models have broken this up with larger lights, reflectors, obvious spoilers, etc which the 991 doesn't have.

I71IXGMO.jpg

adHojf4E.jpg

They had to do something with that space, so large .. I wonder why they did not make the rear lights larger ..

Anyhow, that is one large mother F****** of a PU !

If I buy this car, I will debadge the 911 carrera bit and just leave the PORSCHE bit underneath the spoiler. I think it will look very nice.

I was thinking the opposite - delete the P O R S C H E and just leave 911 Carrera?

nsm3 said:
I was thinking the opposite - delete the P O R S C H E and just leave 911 Carrera?

+1

herbie911 said:
If I buy this car, I will debadge the 911 carrera bit and just leave the PORSCHE bit underneath the spoiler. I think it will look very nice.

You mean you might go ahead and buy this and be outrun by that forthcoming M3?

| Maxie :wink:

When is the new m3 coming out, not heard anything about it ?

herbie911 said:

Ditto. I think this would look pretty cool!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back