Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 to 997.1 GT3

acme

Sao Paulo
Just over from the air cooled brigade;

We often hear about people going from 996 to 993, but has anyone gone from 993 to 997.1 GT3, I'd be intrigued to know. From all I've read it's an easier road car to live with than in particular Mk1 996 GT3's, but no less thrilling.

One of the reasons we all love the 993 so much is its 'character', though I've never driven one from what I hear the GT cars have much of this as well, so with the dry sumped engine, 409bhp (1 more than a 993TT!) and not bad looks do these early 997 GT3's have it all?

Cheers

Awesome car...find an OPC with one for sale and test drive it !!!....i'd like
to hear your thoughts on the comparison. I went from a 993 carrera 4 cab
to a 997 4s cab...then to a GT3.

:thumb:

drive, learn, love, dream, buy, own, love, polish, drive, drive fast, wash a bit, drive, insure, tax, service, drive, love, drive, drive, drive, wash, detail, drive, love, track, love, track, love, drive, wash, drive etc etc

you get the idea :thumb:

Senoj said:
drive, learn, love, dream, buy, own, love, polish, drive, drive fast, wash a bit, drive, insure, tax, service, drive, love, drive, drive, drive, wash, detail, drive, love, track, love, track, love, drive, wash, drive etc etc

you get the idea :thumb:

..Danny whatever you're drinking, can you pour me one too !! :floor:

I haven't started yet.....

part two.

sell.....buy another one, drive, love, drive faster, track, track, track, spend, spend, spend, tyres, fuel, drive, love, drive , love, drive, spend, spend, spend, drive, drive faster, love, drive, wash, drive, spend, drive, track, spend, drive, love, think about selling, drive, love, drive, spend, drive, love, polish, drive, wash, detail, drive, park.....wait.....xmas....plan....wash, polish, drive, track, drive, track, track, wash, park, wait.....

this is the life of a GT3 owner :thumb:

Spot on in every respect....and then the pining between the last decent
day in December and the wait for the grit, snow and ice to clear before the
fun cycle resumes in the Spring..! :wink:

Senoj said:
I haven't started yet.....

part two.

sell.....buy another one, drive, love, drive faster, track, track, track, spend, spend, spend, tyres, fuel, drive, love, drive , love, drive, spend, spend, spend, drive, drive faster, love, drive, wash, drive, spend, drive, track, spend, drive, love, think about selling, drive, love, drive, spend, drive, love, polish, drive, wash, detail, drive, park.....wait.....xmas....plan....wash, polish, drive, track, drive, track, track, wash, park, wait.....

this is the life of a GT3 owner :thumb:

Ditto, minus the thinking about selling

nick w - re trying one and comparing, I'm a little worried about that, I fear it may cost me a whole heep of money and see what i've been missing out on re extreme performance. Lets see if there's one close ish before the winter to try out :grin:

acme said:
We often hear about people going from 996 to 993, but has anyone gone from 993 to 997.1 GT3, I'd be intrigued to know.

I have.
I went from a 993 Turbo > 997.1 GT3.

The 997'GT3's tactility is the closest thing you will find to the traditional air cooled cars feel.
Agile, edgy, and a glorious intake wail..... make it sublime to drive.

Very much a 993 Carrera with [substantially] more power & grip

Less words, more pics.... :D ......

993TTS_1246_1024.jpg

997GT3_5_9211_1024.jpg

Thanks GT4 !

Ditto !!! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456