Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Locked out

ireid

My car is an early 997 C2.

The battery is completely flat and there must also be a (perhaps related?) problem with the central locking because the door will not open even physically using the key. The OPC are saying there is no emergency front bonnet release on the 997 (to let me get in and charge the battery) and they will have to break a window to get in.

Can anybody suggest an alternative? Please!!

Doesn't sound correct to me. Try another OPC for advice or do a search on here/Rennlist to see if someone else has had a similar problem.

You're not a burglar looking for tips on how to steal Porsche' are you :?:

If not, try ringing the AA/RAC etc if you're a member they may be able to help

I had a similar issue with my X5, call the AA or RAC, they get into it in about 5 mins by using a plastic wedge, inflatable device and some wire. Seeing it done makes you realise just how easy it is to get into a modern car without damaging it.

The 997 is still fitted with two (front/rear) emergency release wires.

Behind passenger side font (wheel arch liner) and tucked up behind rear PU.

See here for 996 discussion:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=56267

And attached below, 997 ver:

Attachments

• release_629.jpg
    release_629.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10,480
Many thanks for the replies guys. And no I'm not a car thief, just a troubled owner!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back