Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Have Porsche already ruined the interior of the next 911 ?

Have Porsche already ruined the interior of the next 911 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Newly released photos from Porsche show the new 991 Series 911"²s interior and console to be consistent with that of the Panamera and Cayenne.

The photo shows a long, button-laden center console that runs the length of the cabin harmonious with that of the other models Porsche currently manufacturers.

Although the new interior appears to be well-designed, the size and bulk of the button-laden centre console raises a question of what is supposed to be a 'sports cars'.

Have Porsche already ruined the interior of the next 911 with this bulky button laden centre console ?

Unless this is necessary progress to brig the Porsche 911 up to the design and style of it's Rivals from Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Nissan ?

What do you think based on the images below......

Attachments

• interior918_173.jpg
    interior918_173.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 3,476
  • interiorcan_791.jpg
    interiorcan_791.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3,476
  • interiorpan_128.jpg
    interiorpan_128.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,476
  • interior991_1_202.jpg
    interior991_1_202.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 3,476
  • porsche_911_991_08pop_649.jpg
    porsche_911_991_08pop_649.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 3,190
Disagree,its high time Porsche spent some money on the interior on 911,s.They,ve always lagged behind when compared to similar aged marques in the past.IMO

Great in the luxury Panamera but in my opinion too hefty for a pure bred racer.

So I would say yes, ruined..!

Re: Have Porsche already ruined the interior of the next 911

911UK said:
Have Porsche already ruined the interior of the next 911 with this bulky button laden centre console ?

What do you think based on the images below......

It's not obvious to me from the pictures what that main console is made of - I think if it is leather (like the main dash in the current 911) then that will be acceptable and consistent with the luxury / executive nature of the car - personally I quite like it.

However, if that is a 'soft touch' plastic then I think it will look too bulky and potentially cheap-looking.

It will be interesting to see whether there are plans for an alternative console for the GT3 models..

:)
Sidicks

personally i'd like to see an interior more in keeping with a sports car than a tourer, the simpler the better.

adam2712 said:
personally i'd like to see an interior more in keeping with a sports car than a tourer, the simpler the better.

In my opinion the 911 started to become a tourer / GT from the 996 onwards, so yes the new interior (if it has the quality of the Panemera) is a welcome development and is what one would expect of an £80k+ car...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back