Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone know about fixing/replacing door hinges?

norman90bike

the top hinge on the drivers door of my c2 needs repairing fixing...does anyone know how.....help!!!

N

The top hinge pin on the drivers door is allowing the door to drop and either i need to replace the hinge which looks like major surgery or repair/replace the hinge pin? If i lift the door the door moves quite a lot on to top hinge pin the day to day prob is the glass catches as i open the door as i'm getting out of the car. The whole hinge is £50 ish from dealer but it looks like its welded into the post in some way?

ty for reply

N

Have you checked the hinge pin has not come loose, they can be tightened up easily enough. Or the pin itself could be worn and this should be easy enough to replace.
This would be the first things I would do before looking at changing the hinge.

Depending on your model of 996. Going on mine, a 996 facelift, it has an 8mm (i think) under the hinge and a torx on the top of the pin. There is not a lot of room for the torx nut, it would need to be fairly shallow torx tool. The torx might have a cap in it, mine hasn't but mine could be missing???

Top stuff infrasilver. My door's been dropping since I got back from France. Just tightened up the pins and although there is a slight amount of play on the hinges it's 100 times better than it was. :thumbs:

infrasilver said:
7 years old, good use of the search facility :thumb:

+1

Thanks for posting Alex.

Bit of a gentle rant, but the forum sees too many posts IMO asking, albeit legitimate questions, concerning issues related to their P&J when the answer invariably lies waiting to be clicked as the question has already been answered.
There seems to be an aversion for the concept of search. :?

pzero said:
infrasilver said:

+1

Thanks for posting Alex.

Bit of a gentle rant, but the forum sees too many posts IMO asking, albeit legitimate questions, concerning issues related to their P&J when the answer invariably lies waiting to be clicked as the question has already been answered.

That is what all Moderators say.
MC

MisterCorn said:
pzero said:
infrasilver said:

+1

Thanks for posting Alex.

That is what all Moderators say.
MC

Can't beat consistency.

I knew it'd draw some attention if I commented on the post. You're right Mods, folk need to use the search function and find stuff out rather than just popping a new thread up. Lazy western society created by the likes of Google et al.

Back on track though, Chris - thank you sir for your excellent advice.......even after 7 years! :thumb:

:worship:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back