Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie 993 Project

D3CKT

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello and what a good forum you have got going on here..

I have just bought my first porsche and have to say I love it so far..here's a couple of pics and what im trying to achieve

Cheers Ollie

Story so far ..

Black standard 993 c4 Varioram
Set of KW club sports on order, second set of bbs lm's as some toe rag pinched the first set from my garage before I even tried them on, rear window wiper blank on order and turbo/cs front bumper on order..

List of mods wanted
993 RS speedlines (rough set required as I want to play around with the dishes)
RS Replica interior
Nine meister billet head conversion
upgrade the brakes
harnesses and rear cage
possibly convert to 2wd

L1000285.jpg

L1000286.jpg

L1000288.jpg

L1000290.jpg

L1000291.jpg

L1000301.jpg

Stage 2 of my play with the 993
Its now lowered it on some KW Club sport oilovers and rolled the rear arches..

Fitted a Fister stage 3 exhaust (best mod so far really love the sound thanks again darin and couldnt recommend it enough!!)

And just added a set of cloth recaro pole positions and a rs wheel ... the rest of the trim will be changed to hopefully RS spec over the winter and hope to fit a rear roll bar too

hope u like cheers Ollie

L1000307.jpg

L1000304.jpg

L1000308.jpg

L1000338.jpg

L1000341.jpg

Stage 3 current :
I needed some new brake pads so decided to get the calipers powder coated yellow as were looking tatty and give the brakes a refurb at the same time ... also have removed the rear wiper and fitted the delete kit so far but will change for a rs screen when funds allow.. I have bought a turbo front bumper which is at the body shop at the moment and fingers crossed its going for a stainless rear cage to be made in the next month...
Cheers Ollie

IMG_0413.jpg

Wow you don't mess around. looks amazing. I love seeing all the pics together watching it change from a daily commuter to a more aggressive sports car. I look forward to more pics as it evolves.

Pop those exiting hard back's on eBay and you'll be happy with the price.. or let me know and I'll take them off your hands ;)

:thumb: thats some work you have gotten through there.

Are those 19" BBS LM alloys?

I would like a pair of those myself at some stage.

How do the neighbors cope with the stage III mufflers? I have the stage II and have received a few comments lol

D3CKT said:
possibly convert to 2wd

Hi Ollie - nice car - there's a great recent thread on Rennlist about a guy performing an "AWD-ectomy" on his C4S, but retaining all the parts so he could revert back to 4WD if he wanted to sell the car. I believe this is quite a common mod in the states. I would just say, keep all the bits in case you want to return to standard at some point.

All the best

D

How does it ride on 19" wheels? :dont know:

"Hope u like?"

Love it, love it, love it Ollie!

At last, a partner in crime who isn't afraid to modify...... although your plans have been faster moving/more ambitious than mine. I've kept all original parts so I can go back to original if required and trying to resist the temptation to make permanent changes. Not easy though!

Those LMs look awesome. Do you have a deeper dish on the rears? I'd like a set of LM 18s with gold centres on mine, but with that deeper dish look to the rears, which you seem to have achieved. What are the dimensions?

The yellow calipers suit the car perfectly. Can't wait to see the cage install too.

Does the C4 have an LSD on the rear axle and can you keep it if you go to 2wd?

Will you switch to a C2 front axle so you can lose the front diff?

Cheers

Sam

Love the look Ollie.

What width rims and tyres are you running on the back on those LM's they look a little stretched on the rim.

nice one ollie

a individual route and it looks good so far

how much are sports seats worth these days ? i take it the set on ebay for £6k is a bit of a joke ?

BTW, is that your Mk1 Golf project too?

looks fantastic! :thumb:
I agree that the rear tyres look a bit too narrow for the rims :dontknow:
The gold looks good too :) Is that a boxster as well? Great taste in cars.

If those original seats are marble grey I could be interested if you are thinking of selling.

Looking forward to more pics! :food:

Welcome to 911uk :bye:

993 with LM's :worship:

Looking forward to watching this project unfold.

Dan

Looks excellent. Love the wheels. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back