Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I just looked at this...thought please guys

My thoughts are it's a good spec, but no PSE :nooo: and that's pretty top money for a 34k 06. Not top, top money, but up there.

I know the 4s seem to go for a little more than the 2s, but I still think £40k is a touch heavy. Nice car though!

In spite of the lack of a PSE (which can be retro-fitted anyway), it's a very good spec. Sport Designs on a black 997 look great and so would Turbo alloys too. I think the car would drive better with the latter type alloys because, I believe, of their lesser unsprung weight. If I didn't have my Atlas Gray 997, then this is probably the car I would have bought. Don't forget also it's cheaper road tax on this car before they shot up on the 2007/8 models.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Imho the porsche warranty is essential for a gen 1 997 .
At 40 grand that car isnt cheap , and three months down the line it could look very expensive if you have any serious faults or , god forbid , your engine goes pop . Three months warranty is not good enough , and their price to extend is almost as much as the OPC warranty .
Get on porsches' ucl now !

+1 ask them to put on OPC warrenty or walk away. Plenty more out there.

Lovely car, great spec and only missing PSE (which is a must for me). Tad on the expensive side too, particularly with only a 3 month non OPC warranty. Keep looking I say, and check out the Porsche network.

There is a black 4S at OPC West London, year older but less miles, with PSE / Sport Chrono and a two year warranty. I bet there is room to haggle on that, I know which one I would go for!

There's a grey C4S at Bolton for £43k (pre-haggling) with only 23k on the clock. Good spec too -

19 inch SportDesign wheel
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
BOSE Surround Sound System
CDC-4 six disc CD autochanger
Cruise control
Heated seats
Navigation module for PCM
ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
Rear wiper
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Sports exhaust system
Sports seats
Wheel centre set
Windscreen with grey top tint

Am I mistaken in thinking that if a car had Sports Chrono Pack then it automatically has PSE...??

I learn something every day!!

Jam911 said:
Am I mistaken in thinking that if a car had Sports Chrono Pack then it automatically has PSE...??

Unfortunately no. These are two options that can be specified independantly of one another.

~ Maxie

Up against a 12/04 C2 with 58.5K miles currently at OPC Reading, that C4S looks rather a bargain...

i actually think its not bad. RSJ are great, speaking to Joel from there in the past they are very helpful. If PSE is what you want just ask Joel he'll sort it out for you i'm sure.

nevoptom said:
i actually think its not bad. RSJ are great, speaking to Joel from there in the past they are very helpful. If PSE is what you want just ask Joel he'll sort it out for you i'm sure.

But I'm sure he won't do it for free. In which case you might as well get a 2 yr OPC warranty on the same car with 10k less on the clock for the same dough, surely?

It is a nice car, but I just think too close to OPC money to be tempting.

sorry i meant RSJ are not bad......yes agree the price is steep and a good search you'll be able to find better from OPC.
My mistake.

Thanks for all your input guys

I am going to buy from an OPC and get the 2 years warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back