Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Got Hardbacks? Get these!

dommorton

Zandvoort
If you have hard backed sport seats in your 993 you'll probably be all too familiar with the slight annoyance of the leather occasionally parting company with the hard back :frustrated:

P1000789.jpg

Well there is a solution!

P1000670.jpg

These clips were installed from new, but you'll probably find they were a little stingy and only fitted about 6 per seat :roll:

Mine had a couple of places along the bolsters that often popped free, so I installed some more clips in strategic positions to remedy the problem.

The clips are very easy to install and just take a firm press home with a butter knife or similar blunt implement.

P1000790.jpg

All fixed :thumb:

P1000791.jpg

Thanks for that Dom - I'll add a few to my next parts order :thumb:

When I got the car, the leather pulled away from the clips too. I also found that this was partly due to the leather being dry as it hadn't been treated for a long time. Now that I feed the leather annually, there have been no further problems with it unclipping.

True, they do pull off more when the leather is dry.

Mine are really random. Can be months and no problems, but then they will go through a stage keep popping out and driving me mad!

No way they are popping out now!

Before I opened this topic I knew this is what it was going to be about!

This happened these seats right from day one...many a day I had to spend abit of time feeding these back into place...very annoying! Good solution! :thumb:

Thread resurrection! Just ordered some of these. Thanks for the tip DM...

Seems my previous method per this thread was incorrect!

Mohitos showed me the error of my ways, in that the metal clip should fit around the plastic teeth first. It then clips in ahead of the plastic, not on top of.

Work a treat either way though.

dommorton said:

Mohitos showed me the error of my ways, in that the metal clip should fit around the plastic teeth first. It then clips in ahead of the plastic, not on top of.

Finally a technical contribution from me :D

mohitos said:
dommorton said:

Finally a technical contribution from me :D
Can you guys show us a pictorial illustration on how the clip should be used? Appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back