Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen1 c2s wheel replacement

Dexterich

Hi,
I am thinking of changing the wheels on my 2004 c2s (black, daily driver, owned for 6 years, 58000m, still looks mint thanks to too much life spent cleaning and some paint work for road rash)!.
It currently has 19" 8j et57 and 11j et67 (which is standard).
I really like the look of the ruger avant garde classic wheels (http://www.modbargains.com/Avant-Garde-Porche-Wheels.htm) but they come in 8.5j et 45 and 11j et56, the guy selling them in the us says they will be ok but according to website www.1010tires.com the fronts will sit 18mm wider which I think will mean they are wider than the car!
Anyone a) know about these wheels and b) know if they will fit or not?

Thanks. Rich

Hi Rich
Not seen those wheels before ,however 8.5 et 45 will fit a 997 on the front but I have to say I don't think I would do it myself.I have 8.5 x19 et 48 on mine and they are fine but as far as I would go.
If you look on the Victor Equipment application section of their website it list all the offsets for their wheels its useful which ever brand you buy.Hope this helps .

Kind regards Ian

Could you not correct the offset through the use of spacers ?

Not done the maths , but it might be possible.

iogT9is8.jpg

HSC911 said:

haha yes sorry my fault, but i didn't know if the OP ever got them. The wheels look like a good alternative to Fuchs/Sport Classics, but seem to be difficult to get hold of.

It was so long ago I can't even remember posting it :eh!:

Anyway, I never got around to replacing them, but funnily enough been looking again recently. I have a steering wheel wobble that will not go away, had wheels balanced on 3 separate occasions, last time by Hartech when it was in for a service. I am pretty sure I have a lateral displacement of one of the fronts.

I really like the Fuchs look, in silver (black car) but a proper set is £2,800 on design911 :eek: :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back