Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 Turbo opinions?

Pazuzu

Chaps,

I might have a pile of cash and a 911 shaped hole in my garage in the next couple of weeks. I was going to be more sensible but then I saw this.

Only saw it last night so I haven't had a chance to try and find the magazine article and I know very little about 930's apart from they have just about the sexiest rear end ever :)

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Phil

Stunning Porsche 911 Turbo (930) (1987)
98,000 miles £22,995

Stunning Porsche 911 turbo (930) as featured in January 2011 GT Purely Porsche magazine. The car is in excellent condition. I have owned it for about 9 months and during that time it has had thousands spent on it bringing it up to the current condition. When I bought the car it was in excellent mechanical condition having had both an engine and gearbox rebuild within the last 6000 miles. Since then I have added about 2500 miles. There is an extensive history file containing all receipts, MOTs etc showing that no expense has been spared over the course of the car's life. When I purchased the car I commissioned a complete respray. As part of this all areas were stripped, checked for rust and fully repaired wherever necessary. This included both door sills. After that the car was given a major service and a number of small repairs - for example, both footwell blowers were replaced. The car was also lowered and set-up to my liking. Basic details of the car are as follows:

1987 930 coupe in Midnight Blue, 98600 miles
Extensive documented service history
Full respray within last 1000 miles
Engine and gearbox rebuilds in the last 8000 miles
1 bar boost spring
Colour coded fuchs (painted as part of the respray)
Full leather interior with sports seats
Club sport steering wheel
MOT until April 2011, 5 months tax

Attachments

• 2368614_4_170.jpg
    2368614_4_170.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 15,283
  • 2368614_7_177.jpg
    2368614_7_177.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 15,283
  • 2368614_3_117.jpg
    2368614_3_117.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 15,283
  • 2368614_1_665.jpg
    2368614_1_665.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15,283
Sounds like you have a hole to plug, and that is one of the most beautiful plugs you will find.

Achtung said:
To me, that car looks like a money pit.

Why is that ?

Engine and gearbox rebuild in the last 6k miles and a recent re-spray where you would hope any rust issues will have been dealt with.

I saw it as well and my first thought was 'what is wrong with it?'. If it was well sorted then surely it is considerably underpriced.

I thought it was cheap and wondered if it's because it's non-original?

By the description it sounds very sorted.

P.

Hidden history may be (Cat C or D) ??

It would be interested to hear from anyone that actually goe sto see it or makes further enquiries

Spy said:
Achtung said:
To me, that car looks like a money pit.

Why is that ?

Engine and gearbox rebuild in the last 6k miles and a recent re-spray where you would hope any rust issues will have been dealt with.

Well there are bits of work done called called engine rebuilds and there are proper engine rebuilds, same goes for gearbox rebuilds....

A proper engine rebuild on a 930 is going to set you back £12 to 15K

When the seller says he spent loads on it, and the car was a good one, then the car would be a keeper surely? I don't doubt that the present owner has already spent a small fortune on that car by the way...

That car just looks and reads to me like a piece of tat.

Spy said:

It would be interested to hear from anyone that actually goe sto see it or makes further enquiries

That's a hell of a conclusion to jump to without viewing or doing a HPi check isn't it? Lol

I'm in contact with the guy so I'll let you know what I find.

Any further 930 advice, specific things to look for on the invoices etc. is most welcome.

Cheers!

Phil

Moonshine said:
Spy said:

That's a hell of a conclusion to jump to without viewing or doing a HPi check isn't it? Lol

Not a conclusion mate, just speculation given the price and money spent on it hence why i suggested it would be good to get some concrete facts from someone who has spoken to the guy and seen the car

Fair enough mate, like you I would love to know if anyone goes to view the car as it looks lovely, one of the best colours along with black for a 930 I reckon.

Well Roley wouldn't be stocking it if it was recorded, never seen him sell a car that was on the V car, if he did I would be 100% that he would state it in the advert.

If I am not mistaken I have seen a few posts relating to that car in the past and I recall that there was nothing whatsoever bad said. So I don't think it is fair to jump to conclusions.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back