Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 super sport wide body

Looks lovely, give Strasse a call and see what their thoughts are on the car. Also check for leaks where the targa roof fits, you don't want manky carpets or dodgy floor pan.
Good luck! :thumb:

Can anyone tell me what I need to look out for on the car and what things I need to know about owning one.

Will be my first Porsche ( own a 360 Modena ) but always wanted an old 911

Cheers
Lee

It's worth checking the kidney bowls for rust on this age of car, also inside boot, near front bumper at both sides, which is where rot can be found on this model.

Good luck!

:thumbs:

360Lee said:
I will do but it looks cheap for what it is :?:

These Turbo body (Supersports) were very sought afterin the 90's and sold at a huge premium , just like the 993 "S" models are viewed now.

Their values have slipped back over the years and as a result of this may not have been fully maintained. As with sourcing all Porsche's make sure that it is fully checked out before buying.

They are a lovely car with an engine note to die for. :)

I have spoke to Strasse this morning who have confirmed that it has been with them for many years and that it was there in Aug 2010

They said it is a good car and has been well looked after having an engine rebuild with them and a full body resto.

I will be booking an inspection with them as soon as I can

Cheers
Lee

PS need some OE wheels :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back