Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 world premiere in 2011

drknauf

as they say the new 991 will be shown at the detroit autoshow next january is the latest news:

991ct.jpg

i can,t wait :worship:

Big sunroof :eek:

So it will be the 911 991 ?

Looks shorter!

Love the long sunroof.

917k called it.

It just the 918 :sad:

Ending all speculation, Porsche has confirmed that it will debut a new supercar concept at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show that starts in January. Though the company refrained from providing more details, the vehicle is expected to have a twin-turbo V8-powered engine capable of producing 600 hp.
In addition, the supercar is to be a mid-engined machine with an AWD system. Also, the body can be expected to incorporate a considerable amount of carbon fiber for lightness.
In fact, suggestions are abound as to what kind of a vehicle Porsche will present at the show ranging from a production-ready version of the 918 Spyder Hybrid concept, the Cayman CS or a coupe version of the Panamera dubbed 928. Other rumors indicate a new model between the 911 and 918.
It was reported earlier in December that Porsche's new supercar concept will share key components from the 918 Spyder concept that made its debut at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show.
Porsche spokesman Hans- Gerd Bode stated that the company will make a comeback with a 'spectacular new concept that points towards a future road going model.
'We'll have something spectacular to show there. You'll have to wait and be surprised." Bode added.
According to AutoZeitung, the new model will be called the 929. Similar to the 918 Spyder, the new concept is expected to have a hybrid drivetrain that will combine a 4.8 liter V8 Biturbo engine with three electric motors.
Incidentally, this is Porsche's first official presence at the Detroit show since 2007 and the return is part of the ever-expanding Volkswagen Group line-up.

Daniel said:
Looks shorter!

I agree, almost as if watching it in the wrong screen format on the television. Perhaps it's the effect of the wheels, which also look enormous to me - it will probably come with standard fit 19 inch rims I would guess.

It certainly looks purposeful. :thumb:

we wont see it till Geneva but this is a nice rendering found on flickr.com

5330067877_b48a996bca_b.jpg

Sorry, what are we looking at?

Could be almost any 911 at that distance (which is odd, given it is a superposition of an artists impression they could have made it any size).

I like the palm trees (I think they are actually real).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kePOyUgRLwo&feature=player_embedded#!

did i notice lambo style doors :eek:

918 Coupe (Productionised from concept)

Apart from the squared off shoulders, there's the side exit exhaust.

porsche918frontx-large.jpg

porsche918sidex-large.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back