Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Calling 996 Rear LED owners - Help needed

Sy

Spa-Francorchamps
I have purchaed a set of smoked 996 rear LED light clusters and I am trying to fit them but they do not come with any instructions. It all seems like straight forward plug and play stuff but I can not figure out what the 501 style plug is for on the far side of the unit.

I.e. there is a plug provided for the LED indicators brakes and driving lights whic attach to the existing lume and then there are two open sockets to insert the reverse and fog bulbs. However, there is an unused 501 style bulb lead at the wing side of each unit and there is not a corasponding socket in the existing cluster for this extra plug and I don't want to fit them incorectly.

I hope the LED light owners know what i mean? Is this a redundant plug for an american version or am I missing something here?

2d5668c3.jpg

RL-PS-996-98-LED-RWc.jpg

Just poke it back in to shell, it does nothing.

(OK, technically it is the rear parking lights for the US market. However, the side wedge is lit by the tail light circuit on Euro/UK spec looms, they have no dedicated parking light socket)

couldnt agree more, welcome to the led rear gang :D

i got clears as that was all they had in stock, and ended up tinting them ever so slightly.. really happy with them :)

LIGHTS.jpg

Didn't realize we were showing them off:

debadgedclean_663.jpg

I after some of these, will they fit the C4S? if so where's the best place to get a set? thanks.

Sorry, as above, no widebodies (ie Turbo/C4S).

photo.jpg

I like that, can't put my finger on it though :?:

:lock:

This thread should be locked before one of us says something really anoraky.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back