Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest Spy Shots: Porsche 911 [991] shows its new lines

Porsche News

Here are the latest and some of the best shots yet of the next-generation 2012 Porsche 911. Both cabrio and coupe prototypes spotted showing new details, including a new adjustable rear spoiler.

Porsche has been testing prototypes of the next 911 for nearly two years now and this current set of pics reveals both cabrio and coupe prototypes wearing far less camo than we've seen before.

Of course, the 911 is staying close to its iconic shape, but these prototypes show new details, particularly at the rear with a new design line between the set of lights. There's also a new adjustable spoiler there and we can see how it is up in some of the photos.

For improved efficiency, the next-generation 911 will come with a stop/start system and regenerative braking as a standard feature.

Engines will also be upgraded, beginning with a revised 3.6 liter flat six producing 365 bhp (272 kW / 370 PS) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque while the Carrera S variant will be fitted with an updated 3.8 liter 6-cylinder power plant featuring 415 bhp (309 kW / 421 PS) and 440 Nm (325 lb-ft) of torque. The next-generation 911 will be available with either a six-speed manual or the seven-speed PDK.

Expect to see the new 911 debut sometime during the 2011 auto show circuit (we're thinking Geneva). For now, have a look at these latest spy shots below in the next 2 posts :)

991-Nov10-01.jpg

991-Nov10-02.jpg

991-Nov10-03.jpg

991-Nov10-04.jpg

991-Nov10-05.jpg

991-Nov10-06.jpg

Those rear lights appear to be just as printed as the Turbo side strakes (albeit with working unit behind to shine through as necessary).

The Panamera style wing is interesting.

The rear styling crease appears to be similar to the 928:

3358-1987-Porsche-928.jpg

's funny you should say that GT4 as despite being disguised those pics of the coupe look very similar to an artist impression shown in AutoExpress last year of what they touted to be a 'new 928', complete with front engine.

is it me or does it look like the cab is riding very high at the front?
Also agreed re the tail lights but interesting is there seems to be difference in shape in some of the pics suggesting they mabe real with tape to change the lines?

The spoiler loos a littel better than the convaluted affair on the Pan S thankfully, though I am sure they can balls it up on the cooking versions!

!

I would rather have a 997 - no doubt...

997.1 GT3

Buy one and put it away for your grandchildren's inheritance.

!

Naaa - I´d rather have the new GT2 :thumbs:

Come back in 40 years time and we'll see which one fairs better.

!

:)

Just out of interest. Why the GT3, and not the new GT2? To me the new GT2 is state of the art Porsche engineering...

Alle the best... :bye:

Re: !

clausfrederiksen said:
:)

Just out of interest. Why the GT3, and not the new GT2? To me the new GT2 is state of the art Porsche engineering...

Alle the best... :bye:

It's all in the engine.

The 997.2 GT2 is the new DFI engine.

The 997.1 GT3 is (was) still GT1 block derived. The new 3.8 is something of a curiousity and to my mind overly styled and too many electronic gadgets including active engine supports and front lifters :?

The GT3 is the purer racer. The GT2 is irrelevant in historical terms.

Front lifter is a great shout...anyone who's had a GT series car will at
some time wish they had one...Speed bumps, ramps, gravel drive ways (
especially shingle one's). To me the new car appears longer and broader
at the rear...and slightly ungainly......we'll see soon enough !!!! :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back