Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is it still alive?

DRDT

Way back in the '90s I owned a 1976 930 Turbo in white - chassis number 930 670 0549 - Eng No. 6760681. Its provenance had grey areas in parts of its early life although I believe it was one of the first imported for Porsche at Colchester and was spec'ed up for the dealer owners wife (her initials on the steering wheel boss etc) (all removed by the time I owned it). I sold it on in '97 and have heard nothing of it since although I still have the photos. Is it still around ?

DRDT said:
Way back in the '90s I owned a 1976 930 Turbo in white - chassis number 930 670 0549 - Eng No. 6760681. Its provenance had grey areas in parts of its early life although I believe it was one of the first imported for Porsche at Colchester and was spec'ed up for the dealer owners wife (her initials on the steering wheel boss etc) (all removed by the time I owned it). I sold it on in '97 and have heard nothing of it since although I still have the photos. Is it still around ?

Could you post up the last known registration number of the car?

930 number

Sorry delay in replying but I normally live on the 996 Forum. The 930 had a Reg No of D723 DPL although it had had a number of private plates before my time - sorry I no longer have the documentation so cannot list them :)

where is it now?

Very interestig answers. When I sold it on 27 May 1997 to a private buyer in South Wales it had 96,000+ miles on the clock and the MOT had expired. Also I was either the 5th or 6th owner. There was definite signs of rust in the sills where the door 'B' pillar joined and the heater air valves were 'shot'. It would have needed some restorative work at some stage so if it is still 'alive;' then somebody has spent some serious money to keep it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back