Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VW Polo 'OpenAir' 1.4 16v. Great first car for summer! £850

Simon W

Barcelona
Located in London - N10 - Tel: 07970 988 729

Not sure if this breaks forum rules - if so - sorry....OK - so it's not quite in the same league as most of the cars for sale on here. BUT - if someone's got a son / daughter who's looking for a reliable runaround - you can't go far wrong....

It's been in my family since 2001 - great car for the money, but I simply can't justify having it hanging around just in case I need it one day...
Here's my description......

This is an excellent example of the Polo Open Air in VW dark green metallic with the full length sunroof. Perfect for summer. The full length roof almost gives the car a sense of being a convertible, but without the hassle of a convertible hood.

This car has the 1.4 16v engine which is the best of the bunch in my opinion. Most were 8v. It's hugely economical yet punchy when it needs to be and equally happy pottering to the shops or eating up the motorway miles.

This car has been family owned since August 2001, with only 1 former keeper. However the car has been used as a family 'pool' car and the log book says there are 7 former keepers. They are my brother and sisters who at one time or another have registered the car in their own names. But I have been responsible for maintaining the car since 2001 and have a huge history file and the original purchase receipt from 2001 still has my name on it.

Car has Electric windows, mirrors and full length roof. Power steering, CD player.

Within the past 3 months the car has been treated to:

New Battery
New brake disks and pads
New rear brake shoes and pads
New spark plugs and leads

Also has 4 almost brand new tyres.
Every MOT back to 2001 present.

Car had new cluth at 70k miles.

MOT til January 2011.

Bodywork has numerous areas which have been touched up as well as the odd car park ding / scrape. Nice alloys which are marked but could be easily and inexpensively restored.

Mechanically excellent in a nice colour and perfect, safe, driving.
Bargain price.

Central locking does not work and the car needs a new slipring - £18 on E Bay - which means the airbag light is on. Very easy job, just never got around to fixing it.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

Not interested in it, but unless i'm missing it, what is the mileage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back