Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Wiper Blades

tp81

I am changing the wiper blades to the PIAA type, looking on their web site the recommended size is way too big. Measuring the current Bosch fitted I have a straight 16" and a straight 18".

Is this the best fit and size or did the car come with curved blades :?:

I'm not near the car now, but I'm fairly sure the sizes are 18 and 15? That's what IIRC I have from PIAA, and they are excellent :thumb:

I bought straight ones, and although there is a very small triangle (bottom right) that is missed, this is out of my field of vision, AND more importantly the majority of the screen is 'flat' and so is IMO best suited to flat blades.

I can double-check the sizes tonight.

The proper Porsche supplied blades have some extra linkages in them to allow the rubber blade to bend over the curve of the screen.

I only found this out last week. I had been fitting aftermarket Bosch blades for the last few years thinking they were all the same. I bought some Porsche blades from an OPC (made by Bosch). These are definitely different.

Sorry that doesn't answer your question.

pp

Blades

18" & 15" are the ones I use.

Tried the 'Aero' style offering, but looked wrong... :nooo:

Steve

Pickled Piper said:
The proper Porsche supplied blades have some extra linkages in them to allow the rubber blade to bend over the curve of the screen.

I only found this out last week. I had been fitting aftermarket Bosch blades for the last few years thinking they were all the same. I bought some Porsche blades from an OPC (made by Bosch). These are definitely different.

Sorry that doesn't answer your question.

pp

Interesting as I bought Bosch ones from ECP and they don't sit great on the screen and leave smears.

The genuine Porsche arms are better, I kept my old ones but fitted the Bosch Aero Twins from Ace parts, they dont "fit" the screen curve as well but they seem to work well and I just realised they are still ok after a year.

Mark

Thanks for all the info and help. 18" and 15" sounds good to me. :thumb:

I just bought some this morning and then fount this thread post purchase...

Seems no one really know which ones fit the 993... the PIAA site is wrong as it recommends 22" I think (one straight one curved)

I measured mine current ones and found the following

17¾ Drivers Side
15¾ Passenger Side
15 Back

So I bought 17, 16, 15... I have not fit them yet.. I'll let you know what I find when I do... seem everyone recommends the straight ones... and I agree.. the fancy one with the aerodynamic wing seems a little bit too 'boy racer' to me

18 and 15 !!!

It looks like this - you can see even a 15 'overhangs' at rest, but is perfect at all other times.

Excuse the Volcanic Ash :grin:

piaa-top.JPG

orangecurry said:
18 and 15 !!!

It looks like this - you can see even a 15 'overhangs' at rest, but is perfect at all other times.

piaa-top.JPG

....mine look like that and it realyl annoys me.......if I buy and fit Porsche recommended ones does that mean they will stay flush with the curve of the screen when they are at rest?

madalaa said:
orangecurry said:
18 and 15 !!!

piaa-top.JPG

....mine look like that and it realyl annoys me.......if I buy and fit Porsche recommended ones does that mean they will stay flush with the curve of the screen when they are at rest?

Yes they will. The official Porsche ones have some extra linkages that allows the blade to follow the curve of the screen.

pp

But then you can't have silicone - it makes a MASSIVE difference when driving in the rain.

And you have to struggle to 'notice' the straight wiper sticking out... only really noticable if you are floating in the air above the roof.

Still, we 993 owners do have certain issues about our cars :grin:

....As I am quite happy to use Rainex....silicone wipers are not that important to me but I certainly would like my wipers to sit flush with the screen at rest.

It's all about aesthetics for me....:)

So how much are OPC wipers?

The result is the same see below.
Complete set back and front cost me €84! :evil:

Attachments

• img_0324_633.jpg
    img_0324_633.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 20,277
  • img_0326_194.jpg
    img_0326_194.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 20,277

New Threads