Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 Turbo / Buying advice & opinions on this car...

993S_Ocean

Hockenheim
A close friend of mine is interested in a 930 Turbo up at 29k

Although he has owned (and still does) many classic cars, he has never owned a Porsche and doesn't know what the ins and outs are on them - only that he wants one.

Of course you can't say without seeing it, i understand that.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like a nice car, although it's resonably strong money so it should be! It's not got a standard exhaust on it, so might be worth checking what other mods have been done.
If you want a mint "stock" example then make sure you do your home work, there aren't many left bone stock, a 1989 model will be the most expensive being the last year and also having a 5 speed box, but there's nothing wrong with the earlier cars with 4 speed.
If he likes the look and feel of the old 930, but doesn't care about it being stock, then you'll likely get a better car IMO, old school looks with proper performance, best of both worlds! Again though, do your homework, ask plenty of questions on the forums when you get more details

thanks for the reply jbl.

I was supposed to say, if anyone knows of another good 930 Turbo for sale, please let me know and i'll forward the details on to him.

Well the problem, will be finding a good 930 be it a 4 speed or 5 speed.
It took me four years to find my one, I looked at over 12 so called good ones.
Always buy on condition not miles but your call.
I saw some 930 's with low miles in awful condition.
Running cost even if its low miles you do each year look at around a grand +.
As for price £20k+ or maybe just under private sale.
I did a lot of research on the 930 many said the 4 speed ratio suited the car better. I do not miss a 5 gear they are not a slow car anyway.
Maybe go to a few shows talk to owners etc.
Its the only 911 I wanted so for me its a dream come true.
Anymore advice feel free to email.

I bought the first I saw! :roll:
This one looks good - as long as paint and engine were done by reputable indies you will have many years of trouble free motoring - nothing left to do at all.
A respray will cost you at least £5k and a top end rebuild at least the same again, and a ss exhaust full system 2k and you could pay nearly £20-25k for a car in good nick that had had none of this done.
Personally I haven't seen a car at that money, but then I haven't seen one with that much already done.
Mine has the 4-speed and it's a great gearbox - 1st and 2nd around town, 3rd and 4th on the motorway and very very usably fast - fantastic.

Hi. Couldnt agree more with the advise in the other posts. ask plenty of questions seek advise from experts such as unit 11. Then go buy the best you can afford. But be warned owning your dream car can become addictive and very expensive I have just treated mine to a top end rebuild and a Fab Speed stainless exhaust.But its worth it

EVERY MILE IS A SMILE you cannot put a price on that for me.

Thanks for the info and heads up guys.

Unfortunately, the guy at Thunder-road turned out to be a typical used car dealing disappointment..

The car in question was "coming in" next week every day. When it finally did supposeldy come in, the price was an further £10k.... and supposedly sold the same day and was back for sale again the same week.

He never phoned once or replied to a single email, it was always us doing the chasing. Seems that these cars have all gone up by £10k in the last month, possibly due to that classic car magazine having one on the cover.

So, in the meantime, the search continues!

If you are going, to the Silverstone Classic?. My car will be there on display come and have a chat.

Any 930 welcome to join the display as well or any other 911's

SEE YA said:
If you are going, to the Silverstone Classic?. My car will be there on display come and have a chat.
Not sure just yet. t'is the same weekend as The Farnborough Air show (my other "air cooled" passion) If we are not going to Farnborough, then i'd love to come down to Silverstone for the Sunday. Will know nearer the time i guess.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back