Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 LSD's

Senoj

Zandvoort
Interesting post on Rennlist about a DIY LSD repair

Rennlist Thread

The youtube link gives a good demo of the LSD "diagnosis"

Interesting stuff Senoj
Have you checked yours yet?
Supprised to read that the standard LSD is shot after one track day :eek:
Will be jacking car up tomorrow to find out :?:

http://www.carbonetic.net/products/carbonlsd.html#

IMO/experience this is the ultimate LSD upgrade to any GT2/GT3.....it really keeps the rear end under control on my car. Only downside is the 2.5k mile interval g/box oil change(20 mins at the indy)

It's a bit clunky when cold but when warmed-up it's amazing vs the factory LSD unit. It needs a slight mod to suit the GT2/3(G40)

Std GT2/3 diffs are made of chocolate and by 10k miles on a non-tracked car the plates are usually shot.

Spend approx £1k(supplied and fitted) and you can forget about anymore faulty/worn diffs :thumb:

std LSD even on the 996 was very average, mine lasted no more than 30k, got it changed at 35k (during that time my car was even more tail happy and I thought it was my driving! until one of the Manthey Race Drivers who took me for a spin pointed it out) the better Motorsport Diff (fitted by JZM) which was one of the best upgrades I ever did, no wonder motorsport looks so easy, now I know :grin:

....yes the factory motorsport diffs are much better but eventually, even the plates on them start to go also.

Why Porsche fitted such crap diffs to GT2/3's is a complete mystery

wizard993 said:
Std GT2/3 diffs are made of chocolate and by 10k miles on a non-tracked car the plates are usually shot.

Why would road driving wear faster ??

wizard993 said:
....yes the factory motorsport diffs are much better but eventually, even the plates on them start to go also.

Why Porsche fitted such crap diffs to GT2/3's is a complete mystery

indeed a mystery, those carbon plates are supposed to last the longest

a fresh diff would always work wonders, I couldnt believe the number of liberties I could take with the news MS Diff, awesome piece of tech, actually saved me money as I then didnt bother with Cup Tyres or a bigger rear wing and kept things as they were

5th Gear through Schwedenkreuz, i thank you motorspot sport diff :grin:

wizard993 said:
http://www.carbonetic.net/products/carbonlsd.html#

IMO/experience this is the ultimate LSD upgrade to any GT2/GT3.....it really keeps the rear end under control on my car. Only downside is the 2.5k mile interval g/box oil change(20 mins at the indy)

Spend approx £1k(supplies and fitted) and you can forget about anymore faulty/worn diffs

Also why the gearbox oil change every 2.5k ??

...any carbon deposits are not magnetic and as such will not stick to the magnet on top of the g/box drain plug........they will get mixed in with the oil and could cause gearing/mesh issues if the oil is not changed more regularly.

Hope this explains it.

Daniel said:
wizard993 said:

Why would road driving wear faster ??

It would not but 10k miles(less on tracked cars) is not too good on a std factory diff.

Sundeep,

Do you have a part no for the cup plates replacement pack you had
in your diff?
And did you adjust the pre-load with shims to match the OE version, or keep the higher cup setting?
I know JZM have all the answers but I am miles away from them and hoping to get Neil Garner (the Britcar GT3 guy) to put mine in.
Thanks

Mark

Had mine checked on saturday, and it's @~*&^. So also looking to go down the cup option. Spoke to JZM, very helpful. They will do a fitted price or buy in the parts only if that's what you want.

If we can get a few gt3 owners, it mite be possible to do group buy :?:

Cunno said:
Had mine checked on saturday, and it's @~*&^. So also looking to go down the cup option. Spoke to JZM, very helpful. They will do a fitted price or buy in the parts only if that's what you want.

If we can get a few gt3 owners, it mite be possible to do group buy :?:

Possible, not checked mine yet tho'

drmark said:
Sundeep,

Do you have a part no for the cup plates replacement pack you had
in your diff?
And did you adjust the pre-load with shims to match the OE version, or keep the higher cup setting?
I know JZM have all the answers but I am miles away from them and hoping to get Neil Garner (the Britcar GT3 guy) to put mine in.
Thanks

Mark

Mark, I don't have any exact invoice data any more, as for the set up, I just told them to set it to a Nurburgring Race set up.

Could certainly be a good group buy, as most 996 GT3's would need 'em !

Are we talking a group buy "fitted" ?

And does one check it ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back