Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo

ian996

Nurburgring
I am thinking of buying a 997 Turbo,2006 with 20-25000 miles on the clock.
Would you recommend buying one from an OPC with a years warranty for about 65k or as the enging is pretty much bullet proof buy one from a non Porsche garage or privately with full OPC service history and save around 7k and put it under my pillow for any unseen future expence.

Money wise put a couple of grand to one side.... possibly could need disc and pads along with new radiators at that mileage..

mine did :oops:

garyw

surely the answer is buy privately, then get the 111 point check done, and put an OPC warranty on it yourself.... if you save 7k on the car, then pay 1.5k for the warranty you are still 5.5k better off and have a decent warranty.

Enjoy!

Hi

I bought my car from a private seller. I chose the car because it had full dealership warranty which was transferable to a new purchaser, full service History etc. I checked the car out and all the paperwork and the car was correct so i bought it :lol:

I think you dont have to buy from a garage if you do your homework, check all the history, check the warranty or ask for the car to be put through an OPC to make sure the car is ok and then get the owner to purchase a warranty for you which can be agreed when buying the car. People who are trying to sell a car worth that much you would think will be helpful as its in there best interest to be, If not walk away and look at some else's.

Andrew

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back