Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Marks on windows. Gen 2.

baxster

Monza
I know this has been posted before but just wondered if a fix was available.
I have horrible marks on the window from when I open and close.

Mines fine!?

As you might have seen from my posts, this is DOING MY BOX IN.

Had a Gen I C2 which I bought at 15mo old and I let it go that it had this issue, but when my new Gen II did it on it's FIRST DAY, it was just too much!

It seems like a lottery whether yours does it or not.

Maybe I'm just resigned - anyone else have ideas?

I had the issue when my gen2 was less than a month old. Porsche East London has never heard this to be a recurring issue however they swiftly changed the seal. However, this didnt make a difference......keen on hearing what your OPC says.

I noticed the issue after i have washed the car and roll the dried window down and it reappeared with wet marks. I then re-dry and repeat the process until wet marks are less obvious - i think this helped temporarily but the marks have now reappeared as i have been driving it in the wet

My old boxster 987s did it too so its a double whammy. My headlight washers have decided not to work too.

Hi

Not had any problems on my gen II CS2. Not sure from your post whether you mean just in the wet at all times (its my every day driver). Garage my car every night if that makes a difference

baxster said:
I know this has been posted before but just wondered if a fix was available.
I have horrible marks on the window from when I open and close.

A couple of coatings of RainX or the one Porsche supply in their valeting kits has worked for me.

hog said:
A couple of coatings of RainX or the one Porsche supply in their valeting kits has worked for me.

3 weeks in and I am getting it but weird thing is it took a few weeks to show......or maybe missed it.

Will try the RainX cheers.

Bit rubbish that it does this if you ask me!!

In my experience, the problem is as bad on the inside of the windows as on the outside - that goes for my previous (07) C2S and the brand new one I picked up in July.

Don't think RainX is therefore the solution.

I had this too on my second hand 55 C2S but has nearly gone now due to cleaning her and never opening the window when its wet

As a smoker who has always had coupe cars its a nightmare not getting all the rain off the roof straight into the car! I have mega tactics against this now :thumb:

smoking in a great car like that :evil:

This problem persisted from Gen 1 997, I have it on my 06 C4S
. This is clearly crap for 60+ K car. Not that impressive :nooo:

Try spraying the inside of the window with glass cleaner, green Mr Muscle i find best and put the window up and down a few times. Wipe it off and do it again a few times. Wind the window back up clean dry and hopefully once all is dry it wont happen again. I had this for ages, I'd clean the car go out in it and then if i wound the window down and put it back up i'd have white grease mark on the inside. Fingers crossed it hasn't come back since.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back