Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advise on Price!!!

ukandy

Hi All

Since becoming that age where a porker is affordable to own AND insure lol i have been returning to a car i have found on here in the for sale section. I think it would be unfair to point out the car in question but i would like to know what you would find a reasonable price for a (looking at the pic's) mint MY05 997 C2s with factory fitted turbo body kit and rims with under 25000 miles on her. 2 owners from new with FPSH and currently covered with the used porsche repair policy.

I am not looking at trying to steal a bargin off the gent but i cant seem to get a handle on the 997 second hand pricing market when looking at various 997 C2s's out there. No two cars which are reasonably close to each other in spec, age and mileage etc are priced so different (a couple of thousand minimum between them). There do you start?????

Thanks
Andrew

You can't really do a 911 justice by age and mileage alone. Spec and condition are all important as is history and maintenance etc.

Just had a look through classifieds and found the car you are looking at. I have seen the car in the flesh and know the current and the past owner. Given specification and condition I genuinely believe that to be a fair enough price. The car is somewhat of a one off given aero-kit, wheels and colour (which is stunning in the flesh).

You would be able to find a 2005 for c.£35K but with double the mileage, poorer condition and harldy any of that spec.

Mark at Stirlings has two stunning 54 plate C2S's for £40K+£41K, similar mileage.

You can find a decent 2005 2CS with high spec with around 35k miles for just over 30k but not from OPC or indy.It will not have a Porsche warranty so be very careful.There are bargins out there but prices seem to be firming up.Bargin very hard. :)

Andrew, you are definately right about the pricing - it is rather wierd how very similar cars seem to be priced very differently. I wonder how much of it is about trying to influence the market - if enough people are convinced that prices are rising, etc. But judging by the number of cars for sale (just look at the numbers advertised on here compared to a few months ago) I'm not too sure prices are going any where.

Does this help?

Andy, I was in a similar position to you. So if this helps, great. If not ignore!

Last month I paid £33.5 for an 05 C2S with 67k on the clock. It was bought privately (but from a PCGB member). It is in immaculate condition (almost beyond belief for a 4 year old car) and has had OPC servicing until the last one at 60k, which was done by Strasse (in Leeds). I'm the third owner and a newbie 911 owner.

The car hasn't got too many bells or whistles but it is in speed yellow. Others may disagree but I would have (maybe I did?!) paid a premium to have an unusual car.

Of course with services at only 20k/2 years, it is how the car was looked after during its ownership that matters, mine came very well looked after (garaged, with a cover) and with obvious history (eg receipt for two new tyres, new clutch, replacement oil seal etc etc). No OPC warranty but I certainly fall into the "it's not worth it camp" since at £1100 per annum, I reckon that with that saved I reckon I'll come out better off over a three year period, even if something major goes.

If you go for it, take your time examining the history etc. It'll be a great drive, don't worry about that :) :)

Paul

i know a chap who bought a 2005 C2S car with low mileage in early 2008 for £32k! He has not lost a penny on his car! He bought it from a independent!

Hi All

Thanks for the info and the advise, i am starting to feel more at ease now after reading other peoples replies. I am hopefully going to look at a few cars next week. Turbo's and non turbo's just so i can get a feel for which best suits me.

Second biggest purchase so excited but nervous at the same time lol.

Thanks Again everyone

Andrew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back